rpbuttery

Tiffin Allegro Open Road RED

After setting up in Soldotna, AK this afternoon, I noticed an oil spot under the basement compartment where the propane tank is. Upon inspection, I found the spot was coming from an apparatus (equipment, hoses, etc.) in the same compartment, but next to the propane tank.  Looks more like hydraulic fluid of some sort.

Trying to get a mobile tech to look at it now.

Anyone have any idea what the function of this apparatus is?

rp,

Sounds to me like you have either hydraulic jacks and or slide and have a hose leaking. If you could tell us what make, model and year coach you have it will help.

Herman 

Herman.  you need more coffee. :rolleyes: All we are missing is the year. Allegro RED, is a DP on Freightliner, with 360 Cummins, HWH.  I'm guessing the leak is on Driver side.  That's where mine was at.  Tiffin is still using the low pressure cheap lines!

rpbuttery.  Has your slide operation become slower?  Is one off them sticking, like in the bedroom?  Check your hydraulic fluid level, it should be located on driver side, front bay.

Carl   

2011 Allegro Open Road RED.  I can see that the leak is at or around the pump (in the basement compartment next to the propane tank).

Have talked to Tiffin.  It is the hydraulic system.  My coach has both hydraulic jacks and two hydraulic slides.  (Why just two of four slides?  I don't know.)  The reservoir is behind the pump so you can't even see it, and is impossible to fill without a long flexible hose funnel!

I am trying to find a repair, but in case I can't here in Soldotna, any experience at how bad a leak has to be before failure (i.e., jacks or slides fail to operate) would be helpful.

Thanks.

Edited by rpbuttery
Additional info.

How big is the spot?  Is it leaking more now than yesterday?  Can you see where the leak in hose is?  Where from you, is the nearest Cummins, they are the only authorized Dealers in US for HWH system !   Call them and get an appointment...if your leaking a lot, then Cummins have 24 hour road service.  How far are you from Red Bay, AL.(home of Tiffin) they will take you on a 3hours or less fix.

Carl 

9 hours ago, rpbuttery said:

Appreciate all the info.

I am in Soldotna, Alaska.

Working on repair options now.

Thanks all.

There was an they might still be in Business in Anchorage that can make just about any kind of hydraulic hose. The Spelling maybe wrong, but try asking about Jockovick's 

Made up some new hoses for me years ago. The RV service said it would be 2 to 3 weeks for them to get to repairing our coach. Replaced them myself !

Good Luck.

Rich.

We are in AK too, starting from Gainesville, GA May 12th, now in Valdez, on to the Kenai, Denali, Fairbanks, Alcan, Alberta, Canadian Hwy 1, then returning home in early Oct.  We have stuck hydraulic leveling jacks that started giving us issues a couple of weeks ago.  Was referred to Karen's RV Service Center by one of the old timers (Donald) that works here at Eagles Rest RV (a FMCA park).  He used to live in Anchorage/Palmer and highly recommends them.  We have an appointment with them next week.  You might give them a call ..................FYI, we have a 38' 2003 Allegro Bus, Freightliner, CAT

Karen's RV Service Center

Reviews

Yelp (1)
  • Yelp
  • Recent · Favorable · Critical
  • Oct 05, 2015 08:17 PM
    We were on a two month tour of Alaska when our coach's hot water / heating system gave up the ghost. Far from home with a sophisticated and CRITICAL component broken we were frantic. … Full review
See all Yelp reviews
Data from: Yelp