manholt

AC Ducts

First posting did not post, so here it is again!

Hi guys.  I have bits of aluminum in all my air vents.  They are half inch up to 5" x 3" and every thing between.  Any idea of what might be causing this?  Also, what I can do to fix it, short off tearing down the celling?  ACs are working fine and cooling coach as they should.

Carl

Herman.  I knew this was going to happen...:lol:  However, my fridge has never been a problem ! :D  What I cook, I eat...no left overs! :P

Carl

Well, sometimes they are caused by mice eating up the aluminum. My guess is it is just material failing from age. Take a vent off and look up in there. I also have aluminum in mine, just not dropping any. I just have my vents rattling when air blows thought them. I'd rather have your problem. 

We need to exchange recipes....no you need to leave some recipes with me, my DW and I have similar palettes to you :lol:

Joe.  Loose or stripped screws might be your problem...:P  I'll drop some off...Ops.  where not suppose to have any. :o:wacko:  I forgot !  Wonder why there are cook books? :rolleyes:

Carl

The aluminum tape was used to seal off where the register hole was cut in the duct line and it's getting old and turning loose, some of your AC air will bypass the register and go in the ceiling if not resealed with new aluminum tape. Just pull the registers and retape .

walt

Joe,  Yes I do.  One for each....also I go along with Walt, it's getting warmer in coach...will be fun going across half of Texas Wed. and Thur.!  105+ :(

Carl

Footnote:  I will be at TCC early Thursday for windshield replacement...I'll have them look at it.