Hi all, ok here is the scenario. Spent the winter in Florida in my 2004 American tradition. We got home in late April as usual.emptied coach and shut off refrigerator. Today I turned on fridge for some summer travel and display starts to beep and flash no a/c. Fridge works on LP. Coach is always plugged in batteries are at 13.5 unplugged.thanks Carl 

Hi desertdeals690, no tomorrow I am going to check circuit breakers under bed first, the check outlet fridge is plugged into. If that's good I am going to pull black cover off circuit board to check fuses. If all good then I am stumped. Thanks for the reply much appreciated. Thanks carl

From the outside access door, unplug the refrigerator 120 VAC cord and plug in a hair dryer, or other appliance to verify that you do have power.

If you do and still won't work on 120 VAC, there is a small fuse in the control box.

11 hours ago, greenbarn1 said:

I am going to check circuit breakers under bed...

You can learn a lot on this forum!  Several years ago the owner of a coach parked next to us asked me for help with an electrical problem.  He was a new owner and didn't know where to find the circuit breakers so we played a game of hide and seek, trying to find where the manufacturer hid those breakers.  He didn't have a user manual or couldn't find it, I can't remember.  Anyway, we never looked under the bed.  :lol:

As in most everything manufactured the mechanical and electrical engineers do a great job. Then along comes a design engineer and messes up the whole thing. On our coach as well as Tom & Louise's, there 5 electrical areas. 1 on the drivers side in front, 2 more in the bedroom in a cabinet and 2 in the engine compartment. We had the coach for 9 years and I still find things. 

Oh well what else do we have to do on these cold summer days in Texas.

Everything on an RV was designed on the ole bible verse, "Seek and yea shall find".

Herman 

Don't forget the Six-Stste rally September 12th the 15th in Shawnee. Ok

Herman, re read your bible quote....:P

My house fuses are in outside compartment by driver.  Coach fuses are in a outside compartment on passenger side in front off drive axel.  Circuit Breakers are in a box in bathroom and all connectors and in line fuses for window shades and lights are under bed, under a heavy cover.  do the designers go to a special "How to be Waco" school? :rolleyes:

greenbarn1.  Don't know where you live, but take outside cover off and check for critters and flying things that make nests!  In Texas we have mud dabbers and they can sure mess things up!:blink: 

Carl

Update!! Found circuit breaker ok. Checked refrigerator outlet 120 volts good. Pulled cover off circuit board found 5 amp glass fuse blown!! Replaced fuse now refrigerator display shows ( HE ) heating element. Any advice on replacing heating element is appreciated. Thanks carl

This just happened to me also. The 8 amp fuse was blown in the circuit board on the back of the fridge. (looks like a old car fuse) got a pack at radio shack. I replaced the fuse and it blew again. There are 2 electric heaters wired to the box and are located in the exhaust stack. I had one bad heater and bought one at camping world, I think it was about $50.00 and replaced it my self. To check which heater is bad, unplug 1 heater and put a new fuse in. If it doesn't blow this means the other heater is bad. Plug in the bad heater and the fuse should blow. Remove and replace the bad heater and you should be fine. This is what I did.

2007 Winnebago Tour 40ft

If you pull the old VOM "volt ohm meter" out of the closet or tool box, each element has two leads that are plugged into the circuit board, set the meter to read ohms, with power disconnected, pull one lead from the circuit board then place one of the probes on the terminal that you unplugged and the other lead to the terminal that is the mate to the corresponding element. Read the ohm meter for resistance, "0" = no resistance, or dead short, this will blow a fuse. If it shows no reading, or very high resistance, then the element is literally burned out, and has become open, this condition can not heat, thus replacement is necessary. The element if good will have a relatively low reading, so look for this condition in determining if both elements need replacing. Most control boards will not allow only one element to function. Also if the reading produces an open reading on either elements, it may be possible that one of the leads coming away from the element has broken, if this the case, I would still replace the element instead of trying to patch the broken wire.

One more thing to add to this, when checking the resistance of the element it should read a minimum of 60 ohms or replace it. I just went through the exercise looking for a problem.

Bill Edwards