WIIAR

Buying An RV Carport In Northern Virginia

We have a Newmar Canyon Star 3911 (the handicapped accessible unit) that has a Braun wheelchair lift and love it! We have installed an 8 inch thick reinforced cement pad for it and are now looking to have a carport type structure placed on the pad to protect it from the elements.

My Dad has a Porta Grace carport for his 37 foot Bounder, and it is over 20 years old and looks like new, but the company he used is no longer in business.  

We are trying to find a company in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area that is reputable and does a good job installing in a timely manner.

We have read many discouraging reviews online and do not want to get caught in that trap. Do any of you FMCA members know of a reputable company that we can contact, or have any suggestions?  

We would love any input that you can offer.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the Forum.

If you have a metal supply dealer in your ares, check with them. They have metal building contractors that purchase material and they might recommend one or more that can build a structure for you.

Herman 

Dear Herman,

Thanks so much for the suggestion--we will definitely check it out and let you know how it turns out. I covered our Class C for 7 years, but no way am I going to try to put a cover on the Canyon Star!  After 37 inches of snow this winter, we decided that a RV carport definitely needs to be on our list of things to do!  Take care and thanks again!     Margee