1fatboyr

American Coach Dream-- Turns Out To Be NIGHTMARE

Five, thank you for the explanation, that is what I would have expected. I have a friend with a Dynamax Super C. He had a problem with his slides, they flew a drive service out to his house picked it up and drove it back to AZ. 

Disagree. A letter from a lawyer wakes up the jerks that hope the plaintiff will go away. Enduring what the OP has undergone is inexcusable and now he is expected to once more drive to the factory. 

Just a minor thought having "actually worked with a lot of attorneys (that experience thing), been deposed a lot and been to court as an expert witness and fought a lot of "experts."

A letter from a small town attorney doesn't necessarily wake them up, especially when it gets answered by well funded corporate attorneys...Just see how you hold up when your attorney smiles and asks for another $10,000 and then dumps you if you don't fund him up.

I would recommend dumping the coach before going to war, and get back on the road as quickly as possible. Another lesson of RV ownership learned and happy dollars thrown down the money pit. 

Actually, I recommend adopting Five's approach, but it is gonna take quite a bit of patience and persistence that will likely work to a satisfactory result....but hey, it always feels good to hire an aggressive attorney. 

Rodger S. 

If you get hold of the guy at corp with the authority it make it right...it's a done deal.

We see there are two main issues here; very poor quality workmanship at the manufacturer, A/C, and no after the sale service from Lazy Days.  You might consider hiring a lawyer to write a letter to Lazy Days with a copy to A/C listing all the "warranty" issues that must be addressed.  Do not threaten a lawsuit, just request the issues be addressed in a timely manner.  Many times just a letter from a lawyer is enough to show that you mean business.  Assuming Lazy Days is an authorized service center they should address and fix all your issues.  If for some reason they elect not to perform warranty service then ask A/C where you can take the coach for repair.

I feel for you and do not want to second guess your purchase decision.  "Buyer be ware" is a legal term, but manufacturer's warranties should be addressed and fixed properly.

In answer to what to do at the mfg site:

I have another positive idea for you. Consider taking a trip with your RV to the mfg. simply for the purpose of taking a tour, but do this with a positive attitude. Take your list of problems with you during the tour and try to figure out during the tour how these problems could have developed. As the mfg suggests, get involved and build your relationships, especially with whoever is involved with quality control and inspections. As they say, they will be thrilled and so should you. As you meet and chat with their associates ask for their help on understanding why you ended up with each issue on your list. They are proud of their end products. See their website.

“Plant Tours

We believe that building a relationship with the people who sell, build and service your motorhome is a vital part of your ownership experience. That's why we're thrilled when people visit our factory in Decatur, Indiana.

During your tour of our manufacturing facilities, you can meet and chat with our service and manufacturing associates. You'll also see firsthand the time, energy and pride that goes into each of our motorhomes. Plus, you'll get a sneak peak at the latest models and innovations we are developing.”

Discuss with them how their mfg principles relate to the quality issues you are faced with. Suggest they hold one of their kaizens with you as a real life example to connect principles to customer experiences.

“Implementation of LEAN Manufacturing principles and elimination of waste in our operations creates value for our customers through improvements in cost, quality, and delivery, which ultimately reduces total lead time. We have held several 5-day kaizen continuous improvement events and hundreds more point kaizen events in a wide range of focus areas, including:

Shop floor

Quality

Production Preparation

Business Processes

Managing for daily improvement

The results of this transformation have improved performance in all aspects of our business, including; Safety, Quality, On-Time delivery, Warranty cost reductions, Associate morale, Team building, Project Management and Productivity. Continuous improvement is a core element of our business model at ARG.”

Roger, that is a great idea! If you do it in front of the others on the tour you might meet the "big cheese" pretty fast.

Again stay positive, as your mg says per their website "We believe that every luxury motorcoach owner deserves an extraordinary journey, and you are on that journey!

The problem with being a ''walk in" for maintenance work is that the REV center in Decatur is very backed up.  They have an order for service that is very specific.  Don't know how they would change that without angering the folks with appointments.

Nothing in my post includes an expectation of walk in maintenance. 

It is all about building relationships, identifying the big cheese, and getting on their positive radar...assuming the OP can keep his emotions in check....very hard considering what he has suffered.  

And hey, why not put some owners into their Kaizen groups so they can say "Our Kaizen groups include recent buyer/owners who contribute their real world experiences and feedback as part of our team to meet our goals of having best in the industry quality control processes." 

And as a valued member of their family jleamont should suggest they institute an Ambassadors program so he can help become one and help them promote their coaches, just like Leisure Travel Vans does!

For all the energy some members expend with forum complaints and trying to get fixes the hard way, why not try something a bit more interesting and involved.

It seems that everyone has given 1fatboy their opinion and some sage advise. Now is the time for us all to step back and let him do what he feels is his best avenue to resolve his issues.

1fatboy keep us up on your progress. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck,

Herman 

Thanks to all. We will give the factory another chance to make things right (fix, replace or buy back) as for LDays, NEVER AGAIN!! I  would also like to note here that Newmar ALWAYS made things right without any fights. My wife and I had talked with many AC owners and made our decision based on all the positive owners of AC coaches. Our coach must have slipped by the quality control people. Thanks Again. See you on the road.

robrando,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry but this gentleman hasn't been back to the Forum since July 20, 2016. I doubt there are any pictures.

But if you have an issue or have some sage advice when you see a current topic, chime in we can alway use new ideas and solutions.

Herman