Sign in to follow this  
greenbarn1

Thermistor

Hi all, looking for a discontinued part. Atwood p/n 33245   American coach p/n 382638.  Part is thermistor that reads room temperature for Atwood thermostat. My coach has one over kitchen table for zone one and one in bedroom for zone two. Zone one is reading incorrect temperature. I have done factory reset on thermostat. A/c gave me some numbers to salvage yards but no luck. 

greenbarn, 

Have you tried to Google the part number? Just type in Attwood and the p/n. I will bet there is one out there just looking for a home.

Let me know if you don't locate one. I will be at Colows in Carnage Missouri the first of August and will check with them.

Good luck with your search.

Herman 

Herman I have googled Atwood p/n 33245 every way possible with no luck. I get refrigerator and hot water parts. Can believe how hard this little bugger is to find. A/C told me to try junkyards for the part. It's just a little resistor you butt connect to wire. I'll keep searching.  Thanks again for the help. Carl

greenbarn1, you don't mention the year/make/model of your coach...that would help with our input.  So this might not pertain...anyway...our last coach was a new AC Allegiance.  We had trouble with the forward thermistor, no matter what we did it would not work correctly.  An AC dealer finally solved the problem.  All ACs are wired for all possible options and appliances.  Our Allegiance had two ACs, but was wired for three.  It seems one of their highly skilled workers wired the #1 thermistor to the non existent #2 (mid) AC unit.

Is it possible that you can read the values on the thermistor? Thermistors are a very common electronic part, if you can read the ohm value on the bugger, and the style of it, it should not be hard to track one down. Just pm me if I can help. 

Thanks everybody for the great information. Your forum is awesome. A member of my American coach owners group has hooked me up with a factory thermistor new in package. When I receive it and install it I will let everybody now how I make out. Thanks a million Carl. 2004 American tradition. 

Thermistor was not the issue. Control board needs to be repaired. I understand A&A ELECTRONICS can repair control board. So what I do when zone 1 reads 60 degrees when it's 75 degrees I run fan on high for awhile then thermostat starts to read correct temp then I switch back to auto. You can swap thermistor from zone 2  to confirm it's not that. A&A has a 6 week turn around. On American coach owners yahoo group there is a file from a owner that had a shop in Arizona upgrade all controls to a modern system replacing all thermostats, thermistors and control boards using existing cabeling of coach. Excellent article

carl 2004 American tradition 40w Spartan 116,000 miles

You are obviously in a coach you love.  Have you considered just updating your thermostat and it's associated sensors to the more modern equipment?  When our air conditioners quit (one or all), we'll have to upgrade to a new thermostat.  I don't know how your equipment is holding up but I would suggest making the change now may be the best solution.

most HVAC use 10k thermistors 

so should be easy to get 

just google   10k thermistor chart

will give you the values