Sign in to follow this  
rpbuttery

Air Conditioning Drain?

Regarding a 2011 Allegro Open Road RED.

Most of the time, I have water dripping at the rear of the coach on the passenger side when the air conditioners are running.  But once in a while, significant amounts of water drip from a drain at mid-coach on the passenger side.  Is that also an air conditioner drain?  The mid-coach drain is obviously a water drain of some sort because it has a rubber self-closing "taco" on the end of it.

Any thoughts?

rpbuttery. 

I have 3 and the front and middle drain thru the center off coach (outside),  Rear AC drains like yours.  If you just have front and rear, I suspect your front drains like mine, to the middle off coach.  That prevents it from running down your windshield.

Carl

RP, 

One other thing.  If you see water coming from the tank over flow and you aren't trying to fill the tank,  you may have a faulty check valve in your pump.

A slight dribble in the valve will eventually fill your tank to over flow. 

Herman 

Tom.  I'm pretty sure the '11 Red DP, don't have a "Nocold".  My '11 Allegro Bus had a residential 3 door fridge. 

I'm just saying that there are other things that have drains.  If I had thought about it I'd have connected the drain compartment for the defrost cycle on our residential refrigerator to the drain line before we installed the refrigerator!

Tom,

I don't think residential refrigerator have actual drains. They have drip pans where moisture is collected a disipated by the heat generated by the compressor. 

Herman