Sign in to follow this  
williames

'05 HR Ambassador Slide Lock Bars?

I have a HR Ambassador 2005 with 4 sides, my manual refers to lock bars to be removed when letting out the side outs.

Either they didn't get passed along during the ownership transfer or I just don't know what they look like or how or why they are used!

Can anyone educate me.

Thanks

If you can visualize a bar used in semis to help secure the load them the bars you mentioned will be close but much smaller. They are used on top of the slides to help secure it when traveling.

If you would like to see some, look on CampingWorld's online catalog.

Herman 

Williames,

Our '05 Windsor did not come with lock bars.  Monaco had built in slide locks that activate when the slides are in the closed position.  Your coach should have been built similarly to ours.  I can email you a picture of ours if you send me a PM with your email address.

We used the lock bars, that Herman refers to, on our last pull behind.

Blake

I also have a 2002 Ambassador and it did not have the lock bars, How can I determine if they are needed?  the manual talks about them but I did not get them when I got the motorhome. 

Pungoboy64.  Have your slides ever started to come out while traveling?  If so (even just an inch on any slide) you need them! :D

Welcome to Forum.

Carl