Batsome

Vacu Flush Toilet in 2008 Pace Arrow

After Camping World Vegas replaced the pump and billed me for further work that was not done, my toilet now will not hold the vacuum.  I recently replaced the duckbill as it would not keep water in the bowl.  The seal at the base of the toilet had been put in upside down and I had hoped fixing that would solve the problem but no it did not.  Getting into the compartment under the toilet from the outside requires a small contortionist type person.  Any suggestions to find the leak in vacuum pressure?

Edited by batsome
typo

batsome, is this a bath and a half unit?  I also hope you did not pay the bill !  Who put the seal in upside down? 

It is single bath unit.  I paid the bill not knowing the work was not done, drove to California only to find the toilet quit working completely the next day.  The service manager at Las Vegas Camping World south was very uncooperative, outright dishonest, blamed others and evasive while the store manager would not speak to me,  Contacting head office got results but not before much back and forth.  I finally got a refund but have had problems ever since.

Ref. compartment under toilet?  Confused...you should have black tank under toilet...can you see the plumbing system thru the bottom of toilet when the flapper is open?   You may need a flashlight.

I got to get a second cup of coffee..:huh:

OK.  I'm awake.  What is the series number of Toilet and is it a SeaLand Dometic ?  Also, do you have an electrical wall switch ?  You could have a blown fuse.

Carl

Just a thought, since vacuum is pressure in reverse, is there a way that  a small amount or pressure can be applied, many ac repairmen use nitrogen for this, but air for toilet will be sufficient, this way the old soap bubble test can be used.

Kay.  There is a vacuum hose that connects to back of toilet about half way down from seat.  Could be it's not connected.  I wanted to know the Series number, because that is the only way to track down an 07 or 08.  Depending on when Fleetwood bought it...actually he would be advised at this point to call Fleetwood Tech Dept.

Any vacuum hose disconnected surely is a leak, good point Carl. If it is disconnected, reconnect, cross fingers and try it out. If not tech support is certainly a good call.

8 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Any vacuum hose disconnected surely is a leak, good point Carl. If it is disconnected, reconnect, cross fingers and try it out. If not tech support is certainly a good call.

Anyone watch The Big Bang theory? Episode where they were testing the space toilet with meatloaf? Sorry......:lol:

This topic reminds me of this episode....