Sign in to follow this  
tregal16

MSPN Numbers

Good morning all,

I am in need of tires for my motor home, 245/70R19.5 I have checked into the Michelin advantage program and the local dealer has the XRV tires I was looking for but with a different MSPN number. According to the Michelin RV Tires by MSPN pdf file, there are many different MSPN for what appears to be the same tire. The ones I was looking at are 50858 XRV 245/70R19.5 LRF. The dealer lists the MSPN as 67140 XRV 245/70R19.5 LRF  BUT those tires have a much higher price tag according to the pdf (and confirmed by FMCA). The questions I have are what is the difference, why so many part numbers for what appears to be the same tire, and why the big difference in price. The dealer I spoke to couldn't answer my questions as they didn't know. Does anyone here know the answers? Thanks in advance

tregal,

Take both MSPN numbers and go on Michelin website and look at both numbers. There you will find the specs. on both. I. Had a number picked out and although the list showed my size it wasn't built in my size nor was it approved for RV use.

Herman 

Thank you for your time, I checked the website but so far I haven't found the answer,, I will try calling Michelin to see what I can come up with. Again, Thank you