royclem

Class C Road Performance

I have a 2015 Thor Freedom elite Class C 22'. It tends to let trucks buses and other large vehicles push it sideways when they pass and its also a lot of work keeping it in the lane with any cross wind. Tires are properly inflated, front end is aligned properly, I have seen on these forums were shocks and steering dampers are recommended. I just ordered a Bilstein steering stabilizer for it it's a 2015 Ford E350 Super Duty  now if that helps at all should I still consider upgrading the shocks, and if so, how do I figure out which size and weight capacity, I need..

Any help would be appreciated

Roy,

Are you attending the W. Springfield FMCA Convention?

If so, I will be presenting the Suspension, coach ride and handling Seminar. We go into detail on suspensions-- basically there is NO silver bullet that fixes all ride and handling issues. Tires, tire pressure, shocks, sway bars and sway bar bushings, steering components with no play, track bars/panhard rods, etc all work together.

Suspensions                                  Thursday, Aug 4, 1:15 p.m.            Seminar 8 (Young Building) 

4 hours ago, royclem said:

I have a 2015 Thor Freedom elite Class C 22'. It tends to let trucks buses and other large vehicles push it sideways when they pass and its also a lot of work keeping it in the lane with any cross wind. Tires are properly inflated, front end is aligned properly, I have seen on these forums were shocks and steering dampers are recommended. I just ordered a Bilstein steering stabilizer for it it's a 2015 Ford E350 Super Duty  now if that helps at all should I still consider upgrading the shocks, and if so, how do I figure out which size and weight capacity, I need..

Any help would be appreciated

Try a search on handling problems. This is a fairly common subject. I would look at a rear track bar to help control the sway (sideways) from passing trucks.

Bill 

Thanks Guys. Brett looking forward to your seminar. as a first time attendee I hope I can get into your seminar. Don't know how crowded they get?

Roy, 

Sorry we won't be there this time but do go to the Forum Meet & Greet and tell everyone I said hello.

Herman 

Forum Meet & Greet                   Thursday, Aug 4, 5:00 p.m.            Seminar 8 (Young Building)

Roy, 

Be sure and try to experience all you can. Everyone that goes comes away with new ideas, new RV product, new friends and great memories.

I see in your picture you have a small one. David and Loretta Marlowe have lots of activities for all ages.

Hope you enjoy everything. Tell us about it.

Sorry we won't be there this time but do go to the Forum Meet & Greet and tell everyone I said hello.

Herman 

4 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Roy, 

Herman 

Forum Meet & Greet                   Thursday, Aug 4, 5:00 p.m.            Seminar 8 (Young Building)

Roy. You don't have to worry about getting in !  :) Just try to be on time and in the Meet & Greet, it's a revolving thing for about an hour. 

Brett, I'm like Herman.  I can't go anywhere for another 2 weeks...on meds.  They make me sleep a lot and get up at strange hours,,,I've had my 8 already! :P:wacko:

Bill, thank you!  I have been assured I will be...can't guarantee I'll be dancing a Polka, but ambulatory! :D

Just Curious what's the six state, where is it and when is it. and thanks guys We will for sure be at the forum meet and greet and plan on attending as many seminars  as possible.

We'll be going in on the 30th, as our club volunteered for early security. We're looking to take it all in, and have a fun time. hoping to learn a little more about the lifestyle  as We've only been doing this for about 5-6 years. We learn something New at every Rally and outing We attend.

Family 4.jpg

Roy,

As you may be aware, there are 10 areas in FMCA. Six-State Rally Association (aka South Central Area) like all areas have a Rally each year. This year we are going to be in Shawnee, Oklahoma, September 12th to 15th. You may learn all about it at  http://www.sca-fmca.com/

It is open to FMCA members and motor home owners. 

Come and enjoy.

Herman Mullins 

SCA/STA Southern Region VP