rsbilledwards

Box with Spray Canister in Engine Compartment - What Is It?

In this recently purchased 1999 Safari Continental 455 Panther, there is a framed box on the engine compartment side wall under the bed. In the box is a yellow spray canister. It has one PEX water hose to it from the water bay. It has chassis air to it. It has a label on it that says "Treat this unit like a gun." It also has a 120-volt wire to it's location.

One of the more illustrious forum members stopped by a couple days ago and I showed him the setup. He believed it was a pressurized reservoir for the water system so the water pump did not cycle every time a little bit of water was used. It makes complete sense.

Has anyone else seen this setup?

No!  Thinking it might be a fire suppression system...the previous owner didn't do drag racing, did he?:P:lol:

J

You want a picture and you want me to figure out how to up load it to this system...This is the perfect day! I had an out patient surgery yesterday to clean out my Sinuses and I am supposed to take it easy. So OK. I have been procrastinating on this for months...

Carl,

I don't think so no additional lines going anywhere and it is factory installed. The engine bay is about the size of a LARGE hot tub.

Bill

Bill,

Take it easy you have a lot of fresh air up in Evergreen to inhale. 

You are probably familiar with the RV accumulator tank and I don't think that is what you have. If it was Blue I would suggest that it might be a Nitrous Oxide tank to improve acceleration when passing. :huh:

Picture?

Herman 

Bill, Thinking that compressed air and water into the system, would equal fire suppression system, controlled by a 110 volt relay. Any kind of label or product number on any of the parts? Box, tank or a visible relay and or any other wires or anything that looks like a spray head.

Does it still have the LP / electric style refrigerator ? and is there a spray head behind the fridge?

Rich.

No Rich, it has only one water PEX line in and air sourced from the main tank that also feeds something going left. The air lines are high pressure and crimped fittings. It does have 110 to it and a switch on the bed box rt side but no relay is visible. I don't have power on the coach as yet with all the electrical I have been moving and removing. I took all batteries out and disconnected the solar. Subsequently it is down on the stops and difficult to crawl around under. It is pretty dusty/dirty not greasy and needs a washing so a picture that would explain can be taken. Batteries are going back in pretty soon now so I can open the slide and remove the fridg for the solar install. I have looked up the cavity and do not see any thing out of the normal for these coaches and see nothing like a fire suppression head from above either.

Thanks

Bill Edwards

Perhaps, now is time to call Monaco ?  The part about, "treat this unit like a gun", is interesting!  :o  Don't want you blown off the mountain! :lol:

I have been told that a Rotor Ruther of the nose, is not a pleasant experience...does the DW smell different now? :rolleyes:

Kay.  That's a thought, but that much pressure?  Maybe it's set up to clean radiator, fan and CAC, by using fresh water tank...that would be interesting !

See all the questions...same here. Thought it would be a simple answer. So now I have to get the power back in the coach and fire it up for air and to crawl around and figure it out.

BennieH, Yes that is why we think diaphragm, pump and water pressure back into system so maybe less running of the water pump. The thing that throws that off is the 110 power unless that is if no coach air.

I can't smell yet. There are two packs in my nose and hard to sleep breathing through my mouth, kinda dry but slept like a rock last night. Sinuses are supposed to be full of air and mine were full but not air. It has become a real problem over the last couple years. A lot of hacking and phlegm drip. You know the pin sticking you in the back of the throat thing. That has been much worse over time than this minor discomfort of a plugged nose for a few days. This has been a seasonal thing for decades, just gotten worse over time. Doc says the change will be amazing and I will not have to eat Chlor tabs like candy to keep the drainage at bay...

Bill Edwards

And the answer is, Carl you ended up being the closest without saying; an on board Pressure Washer!!. Who woulda thunk. I sat down this evening while the DNC was on and looked carefully at the Owners Manual. Near the very back is a reference to the PANTHER and the CONTINENTAL as being equipped with a pressure washer and out lets being at thus and such and they are there as indicated. Great I guess I am not sure I need this gizmo. I already have a commercial sized one that will blow this thing apart. I do not have the hose and wand. I would rather have an additional set of batteries and the location is perfect, 30 inches as the crow flies from the others. I do not have to build/fabricate a means to support them. I think I will just turn the ports into air out lets.

Thanks for all the interest to determine what it was and some imaginative out of the box thinking. Don't let it go to your head Carl!

Bill Edwards

I won't..:D  And thank you, for the explicit, in depth, explanation off your sinuses, before I have breakfast ! :P:rolleyes:

I thought of having SOS on toast, think I'll pass on that...:lol:

Carl 

A pressure washer????? WOW didn't see that coming :huh:. If it were mine that would be removed. Can you imaging a water leak from that thing driving down the road under pressure?

Here's a thought, maybe install a Bidet in the next to the toilet, you could power it with that :lol:

Sorry Bill, couldn't resist!

J,

Only if you forgot to turn it off and at this stage in life a good possibility. Yes second one cute  The more I have thought about it good place for the batteries. Yup Boys will be boys...Janet just smiled...Hummm

Bill

Carl,

I am the luckiest guy in the world, married 44 years and she still lets me think I have my way...no just kidding, she is a great gal. It does not happen often but when she gets mad I pay attention!

Bill :(

Bill, I'm on 18 yrs, same here. She will often say "why did I marry you?":lol:

glad you got the mystery figured out. Now get well! 

Congratulations to you both. In September we will celebrate 52 years.:) And as it has been for the past several years we will do it at Six-State.

Bill, I can't imagine how much better the air could be since your procedure.  The air is so fine up there in the Colorado mountains, I didn't think it could get any better. 

Remember it is't breath in, breath out, and continue for the next 50 plus years.

Herman

Bill, still headed this way in September? If so we have to catch up. Hopefully the humidity will have passed, dew point today so far is at 76. If you time it right, the weekend of the 16th I am entered in a Chili cook off contest at a CG in Gettysburg PA. Obedb is going that weekend also. PM me for the details if your interested.

Never been to Colorado, it's on my list. I have family out there wouldn't mind dropping in on.