rsbilledwards

Box with Spray Canister in Engine Compartment - What Is It?

Herman.  The last line you wrote, makes no sense to me !!!

Joe.  Do you make Texas chili or that sweet stuff from Ohio? :unsure:

Herman,

It is ok, I got it, he is still learning or did not get to bed early last night. :)

J, Yes we are a coming. I do like chili! Will put it on the list. Janet is working on the route now. I just received a noet from a friend about a Speedster car show in Ohio first weekend in October I think and then there is the coach show in Hershey, PA.  A lot to plug in.

I am on the coach, basement and water bay are back together except for grey tank. I needed out of there yesterday so tore up the hall closet, insulated it, reinstalled the fake cedar paneling and then put real cedar on top. Looks great, smells even better according to Janet!! I still have a few days before the sniffer works. I took the dash out so I could add a Pyrometer and now I can't find the long harness so it will have to wait until it comes out of hiding. You know these things are important in the mountains. I ought to be working on the cabin but at the moment...this is more interesting.

I think it is now time to do the power wash of the engine compartment so I can get the batteries/ electrical back in the coach and air it up. I still need to do a radiator coolant flush but not while this thing is sitting on the ground.  I am going to pull the Pressure washer and use the framework for the 2 extra batteries. It is my guess that the thing is new and was never used, just dusty, dirty. The line going forward and back are not big, but are heavily reinforced, with crimped fittings. Hopefully I can use them as air lines for general purpose. If 1/4 inch they will work, 3/8 would be better.

Once aired up I can open the slide, pull the refrigerator and route the remote wiring for the solar to the basement, the surge protector wiring the other direction and the solar monitor/controller. I put the latter two on the same panel above the entry door along with all the OEM stuff. The only way out is through the frige cavity. While the frige is out I will add a couple fans and give it a cleaning. Once back in place, Janet can begin loading this thing up. I think as she does this I will weigh it all.

Does any one have an idea what a 35 gallon propane tank weighs empty? Joe you said you were going to drop yours or had? 

More on this later, I have enough to do today.

By all means Joe put Colorado on the list. It is a pretty spectacular state, particularly for you all in the East that have not seen real mountains., just ask Carl. There are a lot of lunatic Texans up here and I am still trying to determine why. Maybe because it looks like a pancake down there except for East Texas.

Have a great day!  

Bill Edwards

Bill.  You forgot to include West Texas...Guadalupe Mountain, Davis Mountain and Big Bend Mountains, in Central Texas, we have the Hill Country and last the Palo Doro Canyon! :D

I like the Mountains of NM and Colorado in summer, because it's cooler and way less humid than the other, lover 46 states! :lol:

For your empty weight...look on the collar of your tank, it will give the Tare weight (T.W.) + 35 gallons = full tank weight.  The TW is empty weight...:D

Carl, I said that just to get a response. I do not know much at all about Texas and was in East Texas as a kid in the service visiting family friends only once.

Thanks for the tank info I will look in a few minutes. i'm getting the vacuum to clean up my mess.

Bill Edwardsi

Carl, the only thing I cook that is sweet is a dessert! It's Texas Chili! DW hates beans, so I make it with and without for the contest. I prefer black eyed peas and black beans, not the traditional chili bean. Simple concoction that includes beer.

Well, the last time I had those kind of beans, they where no where near a chili !:P  New Year's is the only time I have Black eye peas...suppose to bring good luck for coming year!  So far, it's a not..:blink:  Real Texas chili, no beans!!!  Beef or Venison or both...some folks up around Sweetwater, TX. also use rattle snake! :lol:  Thick and hardy.  No Sour Cream, Chees, Chives, Cilantro or Fritos floating around top!  You want all that, go to NYC..:wacko::rolleyes:

I agree with you guys. No cheese, Fritos (that's a new one) or any of the stuff you listed. I put the other beans in on occasion, people up here identify chili by the beans. 

Beef only for me!

Well, I am new to this, no beans? I grew up in Oregon and all the chili I had growing up had beans. Since when no beans? :) I thought chili was supposed to give you gas and no beans = no gas. I never had gas but I know a lot who did. What is the filler that gives it body, tomatoes cook down, onions cook down, seasoning have no bulk, and the meat, just meat, no beans? Something is a miss or am I just missing something...Gotta go to the chili cook off to see what gives. By the way you are right on the Fritos they ruin anything except a few by themselves.

Bill Edwards

On 7/29/2016 at 4:17 AM, jleamont said:

Here's a thought, maybe install a Bidet in the next to the toilet, you could power it with that :lol:

Sorry Bill, couldn't resist!

Wow! 200 psi will make you stand up real fast!

55 years and I don't know how I put up with her this long. That is my side of the story and I'm sticking to it. She has another side but it's not true. (She doesn't read this forum - lucky me.)

rsBill.  Massa is what gives it body!  Same stuff you make torttias (not spelled right) out off.  Corn or Flour, your choice.  Fritos is only good for starting a fire, I carry a couple of small bags in my survivor kit when 4 wheeling in Mountains. 

When I want beans, I'll use a pound dry and make a pot.  Do not care for can anything!  The only time can goods are good to have, is in case of a hurricane.  I buy it at Sams by the case in Spring and give it to a food drive prior to December, if I haven't used it...IKE was in 08' and my friends and I got rid off everything we had in the way off food when the natural gas was turned off....That's why we now have Propane Generators for house!  You can't compare the stench of a freezer, full of meat, after 2 weeks of no electric in 90+ degrees!!!

Carl, that is how I thicken mine. 

Tank is out, wow was that heavy. Getting out was the easy part, trying to move it...well that took two of us to lift and we were grunting, it's empty! I can't seem to figure out how many gallons since it's not marked. All I could find was Brunner 101 lbs and the ANSI specs. Now onto building the floor, drawer and sewer hose storage.

It occurred to me that I cannot remove mine yet. I still have a propane frig. Well at least I don't have to keep it full.

The pressure washer is out and was interesting. It was rated at 1200 PSI. It would be a bit strong for a Bidet I think. I will think this out a bit. Maybe I will install it in the 24 foot Feather Lite trailer. It is portable and it had a GFCI plug on it until it was permanently installed and they cut it off. I just need to find is a hose and wand. Brand was TARGET "Stripper"' .Originally had wheels.

As for mounting batteries there good idea but the frame work had to go too as it was just screwed to the plywood side wall of the bed frame so will have to fab something.

I can not say that I have not had no bean chili so J you had better send me info on when and where the cook of is and the date info.

Bill Edwards

Joe. by law (Fed.) there is a T.W. and number stamped on neck of Propane container....any size portable or non!  An example...20# tank will have 3.6 that is the weight empty and 20 pounds = 80% full.  So, your 65 gallon tank, if it took 2 off you to move/lift it, you have propane still in tank....

Bill.  Feather light and pressure washer, is a great idea....:D

The specs I have are generic for my coach that year, they told me the standard tank was a 64 gallon. I have the option sheet for my vin, no mention of the tank other than it had a option selected for a Brennner tank, no size mentioned. What I don't know is was it opted out for a larger tank at the factory or was it changed out later, REV was vague when I called.

No gas comes out when the valve is opened, but there could be liquid in there I guess?

In this heat, I suppose it's possible, not probable that you have liquid in there.  Besides, it's only 1 pound per gallon liquid or gas...kind off like the question, what falls faster, a ton off lead or a ton off feathers...duh!

I just Goggled Brenner and they are part of Wabash Corp.  They only do trailer 30'-53'+ tanks , like 18 wheelers!  ????

52 minutes ago, Manholt said:

And it took 2 to move it?  How many beers did you have?

None at that point. :lol:

Let me re-phrase that:  In this heat it is possible and probable that you have liquid in tank.  I suspect that the Brunner 101 pounds is the dry weight of your tank !  It was over built for some reason.  Brunner has not had any thank explode, but they have had implosion...rather not have either one off them.:P

It's gone, scrap man just left with it :wub:

All warning decals are off the body after sitting in the sun there was more gas in it today :huh:

40 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I understand it was hard because no one wanted to put down their beer.:lol:;)

Bill

:lol:

shh, you figured it out