PRIESTLAKE

Black Tank Rinser: Sightseer 33C

Have a 2013 Sightseer and it does not have a black tank rinse.

I really don't want to use the wand thru the toilet. I have tried the units you attach where the black tank hose attached but they don't work. 

Can a black tank rinse be added. 

Need ideas. 

Thank you

Priestlake,

Can you see your Black Tank? If so you can purchase a tank rinse that can be installed without any problem. Check most any RV store. I got one several years ago at Camping World (aka CW).

Herman

I have a rinser that I installed that sprays directly at the bottom of the tank right where the toilet dumps.  I found that when you are sitting for a length of time and not moving to slosh the mixture, a mountain builds of solids and is hard to dump unless you drive down the road first.   I installed a timer so that the tank is filled to about 3/4 full with fresh water in 3 minutes.  I dump then repeat the process another once or twice.  It comes out clean.

I have mentioned this before.  We have a built-in rinse that sprays the black water tank.  I use it every time we dump.  It works but doesn't clean the tank completely.  For years we have used a technique which will bring out significant waste after the tank is dumped with the rinse running.  We have several small 2 gallon buckets.  We fill the bowl with one bucket then dump that followed by several buckets dumped right down the throat of the toilet.  I use a clear connector between the valve and the sewer hose.  I can see that it takes about three buckets to remove all possible wastes from the tank.  After that, any additional rinsing brings out clear water only.  You can't beat the volume of water that this puts down on the bottom of the tank right under the drop pipe.  A sprayer simply doesn't deliver the pounding rush of water that dumping 2 gallons of water straight down the toilet in less than 5 seconds will do.  If I didn't have a rinse for the tank, I wouldn't worry about it, simply use a good bucket rinse.

Yeah it's on my bucket list!  Using my system it is likely a little less handy but if you are using 3/4 tank of fresh water (in our coach, 30 gallons) and repeating once or twice, that would be 60 or 90 gallons of fresh water to clean a 40 gallon tank.  We are using between 6 and 8 gallons to get a clean tank.  With the factory sprayer running while rinsing, it is less than 12 to 15 gallons total. 

My next coach, will not have a Marine/Land Macerator Toilet !  Toilet above BT with a flapper you can keep open, can't be beat...dump at campground, add some water and ice cubs, when you leave and dump at next park or home....never had a problem on 16 coaches, before this one!  Mouse trap and KISS ! :wub:  You can keep the "Sant-i-Flush"  and everything else out there!  If you really want to see the BM's, by all means get a clear addition before the 3"....:lol:

5 hours ago, TBUTLER said:

Yeah it's on my bucket list!  Using my system it is likely a little less handy but if you are using 3/4 tank of fresh water (in our coach, 30 gallons) and repeating once or twice, that would be 60 or 90 gallons of fresh water to clean a 40 gallon tank.  We are using between 6 and 8 gallons to get a clean tank.  With the factory sprayer running while rinsing, it is less than 12 to 15 gallons total. 

I don't use my fresh water, I am connected to the spigot at the dump site.

Are you the only one that uses the dump site?  Is it at home or campground?  Where does that water come from?  I'm confused ! :blink::huh:

I do close to the same as Carl. We always dump at our last camp ground before we return to the house. We will dump the ice in the tank when we are about 50 mile from home. We have a dump at the house. I will dump and rinse several times and then add just a small bit of water then store the unit in the garage. I also have a 50 amp plug that keeps the unit going and will make ice for the next adventure.

Herman

19 hours ago, Manholt said:

Are you the only one that uses the dump site?  Is it at home or campground?  Where does that water come from?  I'm confused ! :blink::huh:

Both at my campsite and at the dump station. The water comes from the spigot.

desertdeals.  Had to re read this post.  You and I are on the same system...city water.  I only use my fresh water tank to flush when on the road!

Fresh water tank for Coffee, Showering, brushing and flushing.-_- We use bottled water for drinking just because we can keep it cool in the fridg.  We keep our tank clean and flushed three to four time a year.:) We have a double filter in the bay. Change the filters three time each year. Normally keep about half a tank full when traveling and use camp site water when hooked up. I guess you can say that even at our age we still like to live on the edge:ph34r:.

Herman  

6 hours ago, Manholt said:

desertdeals.  Had to re read this post.  You and I are on the same system...city water.  I only use my fresh water tank to flush when on the road!

I never use my fresh water tank to flush the holding tanks, just city water at the dump sites.

Herman.  That's the edge?  Since I do the same, except now I have to use the San-T-Flush at every RV Park or the red light comes on and then you can't flush, I'm on the same edge...:D

desertdeals.  Then you and DW either hold it and no potty stop between point A & B...or you do and just let it sit in bowl all day...ugh!:wacko::o

2 hours ago, desertdeals690 said:

I never use my fresh water tank to flush the holding tanks, just city water at the dump sites.

Sorry DD, the DW nor I can hold it that long ?.

We do use us rest areas when we can, but have been known to pull on to the shoulder of the road and use the water in the tank to flush. 

We also will overnight at WalMart, Sam's and Cabela' s. We will shower and all. 

Herman 

2 hours ago, Manholt said:

Herman.  That's the edge?  Since I do the same, except now I have to use the San-T-Flush at every RV Park or the red light comes on and then you can't flush, I'm on the same edge...:D

desertdeals.  Then you and DW either hold it and no potty stop between point A & B...or you do and just let it sit in bowl all day...ugh!:wacko::o

I use the fresh water from the tank to do the normal flushing, I just use the city water for flushing the black tank.

Interesting conversation....

If we are boondocking while in route I fill the fresh tank prior to leaving home, otherwise maybe 1/4 tank. We only use that water for showers, dish washing, hand washing and toilet flushing. Bottle water for teeth brushing, coffee, tea, drinking and dog water. I have a filter that goes inline to the coach but I still don't trust CG water, my thoughts are the filter cuts down on the stinky water and crud from entering the coaches water supply. I would lone to mount it in the coach wet bay but its tight, I have more room since I removed the water hose reel but not much.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=16007&rewrote&affiliateid=5193&gclid=COyhp7adoM4CFQ9bhgodMEwDRA

I flush the black tank prior to leaving the CG unless there is a dump station along the way home, then I will empty there and flush the black tank. I have water and electric at home, no sewer...yet, if I find the vent on my property look out :P.

Joe.  If your on city sewer, you should have a clean out port on your line..mine is just outside garage, it comes out from wall and drops into ground, there is a screw in access 4".  Yours might be on side of house...all lines have joined into a 6".

Carl, we are on city sewer and water. The pipe exits the house at the rear, never been able to locate the vent in the yard, my guess is its just below dirt level.

If it is in rear and in ground (first time for everything). then it should be right below the surface where it enters.  If all else fails, then go to the City plumbing inspectors office and have them look it up!  I did that for my house, I'm second owner, they asked me why I wanted it..."Your not open after 5pm and weekends", cost me $3 for 3 pages.  Did the same for Electric,  Same question, answer, cost.:D