widewader

Lost Refrigerator Exterior Access Hatch Cover

We took a trip last week to Woodward, OK from our home on Pickwick Lake which is about 100 miles east of Memphis, TN. The combined trip was about 1500 miles. The highways in Oklahoma, especially I-40, are really rough. When we got home, I discovered that we had lost the exterior access hatch cover for the refrigerator (not sure if that's the actual name) on the outside wall. This thing has louvers and is in the color of the surrounding wall so getting a replacement is probably going to be tough. Any ideas out there. Our motorhome is a 2007 Pace Arrow 36D.

These are pretty standard.  If you can't find a replacement through a dealer, you might try RV salvage shops.  You will almost certainly have the new one painted if you want it to match.  Have a paint shop do that along with any blemishes you may find on your coach!  There have been numerous discussions on RV salvage yards, use the search function at top right on this page and you should come up with a listing of these shops.  Many of them ship items so you don't have to go browse.  Here is a link to a recently posted list of salvage yards.

Wide one,

You can go to Camping World and get the cover. They will be white. You can take a panel from the coach to a paint and body shop that can match the paint from the extra cover. I am sure other rv stores will have the cover but I got mine there.

Good luck.

Herman 

The covers come in two different varieties depending on the refrigerator manufacture.  If you've got a Norcold, you'll need to find one for a Norcold and if you have a Dometic, you'll need one for a Dometic.  There's not much difference and it doesn't make sense this part couldn't be the same for both models. 

Keep this in mind when buying a set of screens to keep the mud-daubers and wasps out.  There's not much difference but there is some so don't waste your time and money buying the wrong one.

Oh man that is irritating...I have lost 2 water heater doors...at least I did not paint the first one and I have set it up to not loose a second!!!.

Bill Edwards

Thanks for all the good replies. I found one on Amazon. I called Dometic to make sure and their serial number was 0.5 different. I asked if that might be because of the age difference and not model or shape. She didn't know. I wasn't surprised. So, since everything else looked the same and assuming that there couldn't be that much difference, I ordered it. Fit like it was made for it. Guess it was. Now, I've got to get over the white vent on the side of a multi-color full-body paint job. I'm thinking I'll just match the re-touch kit paint number with the color that is on the vent the most and buy a spray can (if it's available). If not, white it is.

My replacement has been white for years as the top half is in a sweeping strip of one color and the bottom 2/3 is another color.  I used to hate it.  Today I don't even notice.

Just had to paint some replacement parts on the coach. Went to English Color, an auto paint company. They color matched the paint and put it in a small 6 oz. bottle that came with a spray unit. All for less then $25.00.

Herman