Gcs

2006 ALFA

4 hours ago, Gcs said:

I would like to find a good RV/shop in the Northern California Bay Area. Specifically ride height and level.

Welcome to the forum. I am shure someone from that area will chime in with a favorite place. I would look at one of the big truck dealers and see what they say. 

You might want to follow this thread as it deals with front end alignment. To do a proper alignment they have to adjust ride height. 

Bill

Gc's, Since the ALFA was built in California as a Division of Fleetwood, I would call them and perhaps they could still recommend someone....it would not hurt.  I forgot what chassis your on, but call them with your VIN# and FIN# at hand.

ALFA was started and built by the Son, of the owner off Fleetwood.  When his father died, everything when Bankrupt, not because of the sub-prime Bank problem, but because of California Death Tax, he had no will (I will live forever) and probate court wanted $86 million !  ALFA folded, because of slumping sales over the previous years, so the son just shut it down!

Carl

Thanks, Carl.

Knew there was a familial relationship, but believe they were totally separate companies.

Over the years, a reasonable number of father/sons in the RV business-- here are a couple of others that come to mind:

The Fore family (Foretravel)

Doyle family (Alpinlite/Alpine)

Perlot family (Safari/Silverleaf)

Tiffin (Tiffin/Tiffin and Vanleigh RV 5 wheels)

Don't know where it is in relation to your location but try Leisure Coachworks (formerly Alfateers) in Fontana, CA.  It was formed after Alfa went under and is run by former Alfa employees. 

https://www.leisurecw.com/

They carry many replacement items for Alfa also.

I don't know what happened to the link I put in my previous post but here it is again. I think any competent truck alignment place could fix it. As I said before you have to set ride height to do an alignment. 

Bill 

Bill. I looked at original last Friday and saw no link, it did not show on your last mail either.  :( I don't understand.

4 hours ago, Manholt said:

Bill. I looked at original last Friday and saw no link, it did not show on your last mail either.  :( I don't understand.

I don't understand much either. I was trying to link to the discussion on DP front end alignment. 

Bill