tarheels293

Wiring Diagram For 2001 HR Ambassador

I currently have a 2001 H/R Ambassador 36' class A 5.9 L Cummins diesel w/ISB 300. 7500 watt quiet gen on a Roadmaster chassis w/Allison 3000 trans. I'm looking for a website where I can get an electrical diagram.

I'm having a problem w/A/C units. Front A/C not working back one does. Also problems with coach electrical terminals. I tried to find info on this RV and its virtually impossible.

I am looking for a wiring diagram for an 01 HR Ambassador 36 PBD.  I have lost the 12 volt feed to the rear fuse box.  The Intellitec 50 amp EMS Distribution panel (760) doesn't have the 12V at J2 3 PIN connector.  I can run 12V jumper from batteries to fuse box and everything works perfect.  I just don't know where it gets its 12V feed.  I have checked all the fuses that I can find.  I would appreciate any help is can get. 

Please help!!! Thanks!!

tarheels293,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

There is no one source for the electrical drawings.

The Electrical Systems are divided up between the chassis builder, the coach builder and all the equipment suppliers that the coach builder purchased items from.

What control system is used to control your Roof AC units and furnace?

Could you provide more details regarding Coach electrical terminals?

Cummins supplies engine information. Onan supplies generator information, Allison supplies transmission information. Much of this information should have been supplied with the coach.

There are a number of members that have knowledge on many of the systems used by coach and chassis builders. This could be a process that takes time to fill in the gaps.

Rich.

This link might lead to the owners manual and some other information.

http://www.holidayrambler.com/partsandservice/manuals.asp

I was looking for wiring diagrams for my 2004 Monaco Knight and I called Monaco. They very kindly sent me a CD of all of the 2004 Monaco Knight Wiring Diagrams AT NO CHARGE - totally FREE! I was amazed that they would do that. That's tremendous Customer Service. Call 877-466-6226.

I am looking for a wiring diagram for an 01 HR Ambassador 36 PBD.  I have lost the 12 volt feed to the rear fuse box.  The Intellitec 50 amp EMS Distribution panel (760) doesn't have the 12V at J2 3 PIN connector.  I can run 12V jumper from batteries to fuse box and everything works perfect.  I just don't know where it gets its 12V feed.  I have checked all the fuses that I can find.  I would appreciate any help is can get.  Thanks.  

tarheels293, call REV at 1-877-466-6226 select tech support. I had them send me mine and it is a disaster, cant read it, its compressed onto a single page for the entire coach. You would be better to call and have them provide just the info you need to that specific circuit. They usually know where it starts and how it was supposed to be routed.

Post back with your findings, it might help the next person along the side of the road.

Good luck,

Joe

tarheels, welcome  to the Forum!  Have you called the HR Tech?  Joe beat me, on response!  Grrr....he's right.  Just be aware off "suppose to be", may not apply to your coach...all depends on the idiot who did the wiring!

Luck

Carl

Fjleamont, I wish I could pled the fifth on this one. But since you asked I will tell my ignorance. After tearing out all the fuse boxes and tracking down all those wires. The power shutoff switch at the door was CUTOFF!!!   I was reading daniel92870 post when wolfe10 said did you check the salesman switch by the door.........omg......no dog  and grandchildren weren't out there, so this was on ME. 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, tarheels293 said:

Fjleamont, I wish I could pled the fifth on this one. But since you asked I will tell my ignorance. After tearing out all the fuse boxes and tracking down all those wires. The power shutoff switch at the door was CUTOFF!!!   I was reading daniel92870 post when wolf10 said did you check the salesman switch by the door.........omg......no dog  and grandchildren won't out there, so this was on ME. 

Thanks

Been there Done that a few times myself! So look at the up side ! You probably know more about the 12 volt system then you wanted, but I have a feeling that the knowledge gained will pay off some time. 

Rich.

We've all been there. I bumped mine flipped it back, in the interim the relay went bad. I forgot about me bumping it (3 weeks had passed) and I was going crazy with a volt meter trying to figure it out.

jleamont

"had them send me mine and it is a disaster, can't read it, its compressed onto a single page for the entire coach."

Call them back, offer to pay for their time if necessary. See if they have an uncompressed version at their end OR a paper copy they can have scanned or photo copied, OR ask them if they compressed the file OR search for someone who as the program the file was compressed with, based on the extent, the letters after the dot, they may be able to uncompress the file. The file may be similar to a picture file that retains all the information so the file can be expanded or compressed. 

Rodger S. 

tarheels293

Here is an Alternative:

Start making your own diagrams. You have three systems, so you need diagrams for each system OR more simple OR more complex.  

You don't need to trace each wire.

Buy a power probe. One by one you can activate each device with it, thereby tracing each powered item electronically. 

Research some standard simple RV electrical diagrams off the internet and use them as a starting point to them expand or change them as applicable. 

Do this slowly, bit by bit.

Pull a fuse and see what doesn't work then replace them one by one with fuses that light up when they fail. 

Be positive and proactive or come and visit me in NorCal and I will help out. 

Rodger