Question

Thinking of planning a trip to the National Parks in Utah. Any good suggestions for camping near Zion or Bryce Canyon? Would prefer to have a place where we can leave the coach & day trip to the parks. Also going to move after 5 days to the Arches. Try to visit Capital & Cayonlands while in that area. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, thirdrock44 said:

Thinking of planning a trip to the National Parks in Utah. Any good suggestions for camping near Zion or Bryce Canyon? Would prefer to have a place where we can leave the coach & day trip to the parks. Also going to move after 5 days to the Arches. Try to visit Capital & Cayonlands while in that area. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum. Well I am there now. I am staying out in Leeds at Leeds RV Park & Motel, 97 Valley Rd, Leeds, UT 84746, leedsrvpark.com, (435) 879-2450. Nice place just off I-15 and about 30 miles from the park. When going to Zion go Early so you can get a parking spot. There are shuttles that will pick you up in town and along the street in Springdale but there still isn't a lot of parking. There are others closer to the park but the road up to Zion is better in your toad.

For Canyonlands and Arches we stayed just past Moab at OK RV Park, 3310 Spanish Valley Dr, Moab, UT 84532, okrvpark.com, (435) 259-1400. This is a Passport America park and we spent 4 days for just over $100.00. We were there last week. 

For a great meal try Pasta J's in Moab. http://www.pastajays.com/pages/pjsmoab.php

Bill

We have used Watchmans campground in Zion which is a federal park.  Had electric and was able to put hoses together to get the tank filled.