mmarxsr

XRV 55301

The Michelin XRV 55301 is not available nationwide and should not be listed on FMCA's PDF of available tires.

Furthermore, it is a DTO, which means Dual Tire Only, so if it was available, it could not be mounted on the front of an RV.

The available tire is No. 59634, which is invoiced for about $166 more than the 55301.

Edited by mmarxsr
Additional information.

I just looked at the Michelin Program and both the 55301 and the 59634 are 255/80R-22.5. The MSPN it the part number for a specific size. Unfortunately The tires are not listed by size. They are listed by MSPN. If you look really hard you can find the tire you desire, then check with a local dealer to see if (1) they participate in the program and (2) do they have or can get the tire you want. I found a much lower price on the list, by $200.00, but found that it was not for Motor Home use. 

For several reasons I went with the same Manufacturer, Good Year G670's, that I already had. Cost and they have served me well in the past and look forward to them doing the same again.  

Herman

4 minutes ago, Manholt said:

255 80R 22.5, that's a new one on me!

A very common Michelin tire size on many lighter motorhomes.  Lots of Freightliner chassis  came with them.

That explains it...only had one FL chassis, heavy 40' DP....I did not like the ride, hard to determine that part on a test drive on I-10 in Katy!