psgitler

Toll HIKES On The Delaware River Bridge

I see where it is a proposal, 6 public hearings, if passed will go into affect March 17.  They are also building a new bridge.  I don't, #1. See anything to scream hikes about.  #2.  It has not happened and #3.  It may not happen. 

Then again, I'm not going near there anytime soon! 

What is the current toll? Maybe I will do what I did on I 90 in NY, unhook the toad, DW drove it across, reconnected to the coach and drove off. I got that recommendation from another FMCA member on here. Makes no sense to me, what difference does it make if its in tow or under its own power?

Carl, you should come up and visit before the weather gets nasty up here, those bridges won't have any effect on you coming from the west. I cross the Delaware one maybe two times a year with the coach.

Living in PA we don't camp often in NJ, the term "Campground" in NJ gets thrown around too loosely for us :blink: and can be down right scary when you pull up to a "campground" and you see cars gutted on blocks out front, trash thrown all around. I was almost on an episode of COPS once in my life with a previous career choice, prefer not to be on there now. It appears to be getting better. Its like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Its a shame NJ has some nice beach towns, nice campgrounds are hard to find.