jeff753

FMCA ENERGIZED Unwrapped @ West Springfield

Welcome to FMCA ENERGIZED

Our Mission is:

"Pursuing new members, ideas and enthusiasm for the future success of the organization"

In addition our current goals include:

-Recruit new members for FMCA both under and over 60.
-Establish a voice within the leadership of FMCA
-Sponsor more age related events and activities at Rallies.
-Explore new/additional benefits and initiatives for members  less

image1.JPG

image4.JPG

image3.JPG

image2.JPG

You have to wonder why an organization trying to attract a younger crowd would use an old Flexible style RV as the logo.  Seems contradictory to me.

12 minutes ago, BillAdams said:

You have to wonder why an organization trying to attract a younger crowd would use an old Flexible style RV as the logo.  Seems contradictory to me.

It is a registered Trademark, changing it could be a challenge for FMCA.

Rich.

It represents who we are.  It was, to my knowledge, the bus of choice, for conversion into a traveling home...today, all the coaches are traveling homes, even your 88' Prevost, that was converted, just like the Flexible into a MH !  :)

Even if we could change it...I would vote against it ! :angry:

Carl

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

It's the FMCA logo "plugged in" or ENERGIZED. 

My apologies.  I never really saw the FMCA logo that large and it seemed different.  Maybe the logo needs to be Energized as well to help attract a younger member.

Manholt, my 1988 was never converted from a bus to a motorhome.  It was built by Prevost to be a motorhome.  Country Coach purchased that empty shell and built out the rest as a motorhome.  Prevost makes 3 different chassis.  Bus, Entertainer and motorhome.

Paint and Sip was a blast!  Great turnout!

Unfortunately I was the only male in the class!  (or maybe fortunately?)

I challenge the rest of the male membership to take up the brush next time!

Bill.  And now Prevost is owned by Volvo.:P  I'm quite sure you knew what I meant, with out getting nit picky. :D  With a F# as low as yours, I'm surprised that you don't know the logo history of FMCA! :wacko:

Carl

Maybe we could add eyebrows like those ugly things some people are putting over the headlights of their newer VW Beetles:P. Those things make the VW look younger?:blink:

On August 15, 2016 at 11:32 AM, IanBullock said:

Paint and Sip was a blast!  Great turnout!

Unfortunately I was the only male in the class!  (or maybe fortunately?)

I challenge the rest of the male membership to take up the brush next time!

I saw you there.  The envy of the rest of us guys too scared to Paint. Looked like fun!!

Yep, been around with FMCA since 1994 (or 93) but never put a Goose Egg on my coach or every really paid much attention to it.  It used to be that every January you would get an FMCA magazine that was about 1 inch thick with the standard 1/2" thick magazine plus all the current FMCA members information.  If you saw someone you could look them up and see if you had anything in common.  Now the magazine is a shadow of its former self and the FMCA numbers don't mean a thing.

Bill,

Like many things today, cost has entered into the picture. Yes I still have the last big copy of the magazine and it was a real help. However now you can look up what ever you would like on the website. :o

As far as the plaque or goose egg, I proudly display mine on both the front and rear of my coach.:)I also have decals of our number on the truck and golf cart. We were in Miami, Oklahoma just recently and a coach parked near us had a FMCA plaque. I looked up their number and found their name and that they were from St. Louis. I introduced myself to him, called him by name and asked him how the weather was in St. Louis? He smiled and asked how do you know me, have we met before? I have done this many times and it is a nice conversation starter. 

Display your Plaque or not, it is still nice to have the new Bill back.:)

Herman

I totally agree with that !:) Have and still do display my Egg, and proud of it...suspect that is the reason the Good Sam crowd do the same...:wub:

Kay...:lol:

I also, have the last Big copy and magazines from 70's and 80's...yes, Bill A. I used to have a F# with 4 numbers!  :D

Carl