BillCox

Tucson Tire Dealer Review

Recently my RV dealer indicated that I needed to change out (1) tire due to weather checking. This tire was only 4 years old. I went to the Michelin Advantage site and found that Purcell's was the closest dealer. I asked my dealer to take the RV over to Purcell's and have them call me. I was called by the Manager, Mark, and told that all my tires needed to be replaced due to dry-rotting. This came as quite a surprise as I keep my RV in storage with the tires on wood. I contacted Michelin and discussed the situation with them. They recommended that I take my RV to another Michelin Advantage dealer, TCI Tires in Tucson, where they examined the tires and found only (1) needed replacing. There was some minor weather checking on the front drivers side which they recommended be moved to the rear. I decided to replace both tires in question. TCI worked directly with Michelin and were able to get me 90% warranty on both tires. Michelin asked that both tires be sent to them for further inspection. When I called Mark, at Purcell's, and explained that no one agreed with his recommendation, he insisted that he was right and everyone else was wrong. In closing I would suggest to all members to not react to the first recommendation but get at least one more. For all those in the Tucson area, I would strongly recommend visiting TCI Tires for Michelin Advantage needs.

I have always suggested that one thing you are "buying" when you select a tire is the dealer and dealer network.  You might get a better price from "Bill-Jo-Bob's Cheap tire and Bait Emporium" but I doubt if you will get reliable, long term good support.

10 hours ago, Tireman9 said:

I have always suggested that one thing you are "buying" when you select a tire is the dealer and dealer network.  You might get a better price from "Bill-Jo-Bob's Cheap tire and Bait Emporium" but I doubt if you will get reliable, long term good support.

Yes but "Bill-Jo-Bob's Cheap tire and Bait Emporium" always has the best prices on bait even if it ain't the freshest smelling.:P

I have used Purcell's in Tucson, and they were very professional and actually told me about the Michelin Advantage Program with HMCA.

They showed me the money I would save by using this program.  This really showed me that they cared about me.  The examined all of my tires and found 2 tires that needed replacing and suggested that the other 4 be done in a couple of years and they even told me my spare tire rim was wrong for my RV.

So Purcell’s made a total of $130.00 on mounting and balancing and they did not sell me there tires, but the Michelin Advantage Program with HMCA.

So maybe they were being extra careful.

Just my expedience with Purcell's

wclays,

Welcome to the Forum.

I believe the name you intended to use is FMCA..

Family Motor Coach Association.:wub:

Glad you found a good dealer. Sounds like he is very customer oriented.

Happy Travels.

Herman