SHOVELDOG

VIN Tag Location: 1996 Allegro Bay

Can someone tell me where to look for the VIN tag on a 1996 Allegro Bay?  34' Chevy 454 if that makes a difference.

Thank you,

Mike

Allegro.jpg

Contact Tiffin Tech Dept. they'll know...Tiffin keeps a pretty good record of all the coaches they have built...they like to brag about how many off the older ones are still on the road !

Thanks to all.   I know you guys prefer the diesels, and had that other one worked out, I'd have had one too.  Have to say mostly because it and its owner was kind of special.

The Vortec powered one in the picture above has an interior that presents as new, and with a good clean & polish the exterior will look pretty close to that too.  26K on the chassis, 120 hrs on the 7KW Onan, 2- roof a/cs, everything works, and clean underneath too.  I know low miles are not necessarily a good thing, but this has just been serviced recently, and added some supplemental steering & suspension mods, then the current owner's health went south on him.   He hadn't gotten around to the original tires yet, which I will have to do.

If all goes well it will be in our driveway tomorrow night.

BTW: That 40 footer wouldn't fit at the house, 34 does with a skoshe of wiggle room.  While I prefer to keep our RVs at home, we may park it at a nearby storage facility when winter hits.  Makes cleaning the driveway a lot easier.

Allegro looking forward.jpg

Strange place for a TV....on top of dog house, hope it comes off easy so you can have access to engine!  Well cared for!

Happy travels

Carl 

On 8/15/2016 at 7:15 AM, hermanmullins said:

Carl,

That's his GPS, bad eye site.:P

Herman

Unfortunately, that's not far off the mark. :D

On 8/15/2016 at 6:11 AM, Manholt said:

Strange place for a TV....on top of dog house, hope it comes off easy so you can have access to engine!  Well cared for!

Happy travels

Carl 

Perspective working against us in that shot, the dog house is behind the TV & easy to access.  And by the way it is in our driveway.  Runs smoothly & quietly on the highway.  Fully expect a few things to pop up, as they do with most used vehicles, RVs in particular.

Glad you got this one. Enjoy it! Crawl all over it looking at each detail so you can familiarize yourself. Especially the roof, double check your seams. When you are done load it up and hit the road.

if you haven't joined FMCA nows your chance. Lots of great benefits and good people to meet as a member.