Hi Everyone.  We just began our full-timing experience in May.  Since then we've logged about 6,000 miles as we pursue our objective of finding just the right spot to situate our home base. You can read all about us and our journey here.  https://bruinsinthebus.com

Safe travels everybody!

Welcome Shelby and Tom,

If you are like us, the full time adventure will become so enjoyable that finding a spot for a home base will take a while.  Enjoy the adventure as long as it suits you. 

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Welcome to the forum. "we pursue our objective of finding just the right spot to situate our home base."

How long is it going to take you to get to Texas?

Bill

Shelbytom,

Livingston, Texas is the home base for many RVers. Nice East Texas area, The Escapees have a mail forwarding service there plus and RV park. There service is large enough that they have their own Zip Code.

Give it a look at.

Herman

FMCA has mail service out of Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  We used South Dakota as our base for 10 years while we were full time.  Things like motorhome registration, licensing and insurance are less expensive there and you have the same "no state income tax" advantage that Texas offers.  We finally made Texas home because of the climate advantages.  Our South Dakota drivers license qualified us for the Texas drivers license to drive a vehicle over 26,000 pounds without a test of any kind.  We used My Home Address, Inc. out of Emery, SD.  They handled our vehicle registration each year and were very dependable handling our mail. 

On 8/15/2016 at 11:25 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Welcome to the forum. "we pursue our objective of finding just the right spot to situate our home base."

How long is it going to take you to get to Texas?

Bill

Love Texas, have spent parts of winter / early spring in Big Bend area and Hill Country.  Think our preference is more mountains, i.e., Montana, Colorado or Wyo.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:24 AM, hermanmullins said:

Shelbytom,

Livingston, Texas is the home base for many RVers. Nice East Texas area, The Escapees have a mail forwarding service there plus and RV park. There service is large enough that they have their own Zip Code.

Give it a look at.

Herman

We are Escapees members and are indeed using their mail forwarding service.  I was fortunate to be aware of Escapees for many years as my in-laws were members when they full-timed.

7 hours ago, ShelbyTom said:

Love Texas, have spent parts of winter / early spring in Big Bend area and Hill Country.  Think our preference is more mountains, i.e., Montana, Colorado or Wyo.

Montana, Colorado or Wyoming. are great in the summer but not that great in the winter.

Bill

Colorado, NM, Montana Summer is great and So. Texas or FL in Winter.  That leaves a wonderful Spring and Fall in the Hill country! :)