glsponchos

Opinions on Camping World

3 hours ago, Manholt said:

Now, if we could only use "Charmin Ultra", heaven on earth in a RV! :D

You absolutely can!  I used to use nothing else until we discover Sam's Club tissue and it is just as comfy and effective and much cheaper.

3 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Actually Carl, have camped near another camper who uses Charmin exclusively, her secret, places a small garbage can that auto closes after use, large sign over the John, "NO TISSUE IN COMMODE" with an arrow pointing to the G-can. Claims she never has had any problem? Mr. Wipple calling.:wub:

:blink: on a hot day stay away!! :lol::ph34r: you have been warned!!:lol:

sorry, eew! Mr Wipple :lol: wow does that bring back memories.

be careful of the WM TP, my friends DW bought it until he got a wood splinter .... You can guess where ouch :o.

We have tested a number of different brands using the:" put two sheets in a pint bottle filled with water, cap it and then shake." If the TP dissolves it is OK to use in the RV. We have found that Walgreen's house brand works just fine and is reasonably priced--and available almost everywhere.

4 minutes ago, nitehawk said:

We have tested a number of different brands using the:" put two sheets in a pint bottle filled with water, cap it and then shake." If the TP dissolves it is OK to use in the RV. We have found that Walgreen's house brand works just fine and is reasonably priced--and available almost everywhere.

I don't care if it dissolves it still flushes out of the "holding tank" completely. The only times I have ever heard of a problem with a system plugging up is when someone leaves the black tank valve open. Please show me a post where someone used the right amount of water and had a problem.  

Bill

2 minutes ago, Manholt said:

Bill, how will that react to a Dometic Electric 8700 macerator toilet? :(

Anecdotal knowledge...:lol:

Carl

I will have to come over and test yours as I don't have one of those modern fancy toilet's.:):lol:

Bill

Bill, I never want another!  :angry: It's listed as a Sea/Land toilet, I've had it in a boat and it works fine, both wet and dry flush...in a RV, not !  Don't know why...:( Their both rolling earthquakes. :wacko:  I suspect Brett may have one in his sail boat.

Carl

I can tell you the RV TP doesn't fully dissolve either, I watch it in my clear elbow as it enters the hose. I have to agree with Bill, the right amount of water and it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately my space age electric flush toilet puts 1/3 of the right amount of water in the tank, so I'm out until I replace it with a foot flush.

Herman, the topic seems appropriate for a Camping world discussion :lol::lol::lol:

Since we have, residential microwave/convection, cooktop, sinks, fridge and water fixtures....is it to much to ask for a Kohler Toilet?  Geez! :P

Carl 

22 hours ago, Manholt said:

Since we have, residential microwave/convection, cooktop, sinks, fridge and water fixtures....is it to much to ask for a Kohler Toilet?  Geez! :P

Carl 

Carl,  At the RVMH Hall of Fame museum in Elkhart, IN the first campers had them.  It looked very comical to see them actually.  If you haven't been there, it's certainly worth the trip.

http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/

Yes, been there and camped with many converted Flexibles in the 70's that had all residential stuff.  My comment was more tongue in cheek. :lol::lol:  I'm at FMCA 6 State in Shawnee. OK.  Just got the June 1964, volume 1, issue of FMCA magazine!

Thanks.

Carl

We have used CW on a number of occasions with no problems.  Most problems are getting things done quickly.  They back up their work and the labor if you have a problem.  However if you are 200 miles from where you had the work done and something happens your out of luck.  Our travel friends would argue with me.  They have had many bad experiences with CW.  So you have to make a decision. Regardless if you have many repairs completed you are going to be unhappy with one sooner or later.