hayesfamily

Pinstripe & A Good Wash

Not sure if this is the correct place but I am interested in having someone redo all of the logos and pinstripes and art work on a coach should I purchase it. Not that I am a snob but I want the coach to be a representation of somethings and I cant pull a car thats all waxed and shined with a dull faded coach. I cant disrespect the coach like that. It is our home away from home. So this coach is in need of a "face-lift" as it wasn't covered and sat in the sun a good while because the owners were sick and couldn't take care of it. Provided I dont find anything horrible my family will take it off their hands because they need the money and we NEED a 38ft coach. 

Who would I go to to have this done and  -------------- am i looking at a gagillion bucks to do it? 

Hayes Family,

In Texas there are two places I would recommend. Xtreme Graphics  in Nacogoches. They can and minor repairs to complete painting and graphics. Carl can tell you all about Texas Custom Coaches.

Herman 

Hey Herman

Interesting you mention TX because this family lives out side of Houston so that may be an option before I drove it home to Baltimore. 

Keon

Keon.  Call them and ask what their rates are.  It would help if you had the coach! :rolleyes:

As Herman said, anything that needs replacing or work done on coach, after you buy it, can be done at Motorhomes of Texas...they also use Xtreme!  Since they are about 2 miles away from each other...Google them and look at all the used, well cared for coaches they have for sale!  You may want to buy one at M of T!

What kind of coach you thinking off buying?

Carl

Many vinyl graphic sign makers can do this type of work. Ask to see their work, some are quality, some are not. All most need to put back to original is a good photo of what is there now for each area on your coach. The vinyl is rated as to how long you might expect for it to stay looking good.

Hayes,

You didn't list the make of coach you are purchasing. If you will notice most folks here have their coach make,model and year listed in their signature. This will help in future questions.

If there are now decals on the coach, you can take it to several places to have then redone. When to old decals are removed you will have a noticeable fading in the the paint. However this is not a bad thing. A good shop can use this as a pattern and tape off the area and paint the graphics back on. This might be less expensive then having new decals made and put on. Just a guess at the cost. 

I have a friend that has a 1995 Foretravel had the decals removed and painted back on. Looks great. 

Herman

On 8/17/2016 at 11:57 AM, HayesFamily said:

Not sure if this is the correct place but I am interested in having someone redo all of the logos and pinstripes and art work on a coach should I purchase it. Not that I am a snob but I want the coach to be a representation of somethings and I cant pull a car thats all waxed and shined with a dull faded coach. I cant disrespect the coach like that. It is our home away from home. So this coach is in need of a "face-lift" as it wasn't covered and sat in the sun a good while because the owners were sick and couldn't take care of it. Provided I dont find anything horrible my family will take it off their hands because they need the money and we NEED a 38ft coach. 

Who would I go to to have this done and  -------------- am i looking at a gagillion bucks to do it? 

Welcome to the forum Keon. The question becomes what year is your new coach and what is the finish on it now? Is it painted or fiberglass with decals? How much is your budget and would a good polishing and detailing make you happy.

I would call Texas Custom coach and see what they say. They are just West of San Antonio Texas 10498 State HW 16 S, Pipe Creek, Texas, 78063, Toll Free: 888-761-4225

http://www.texascustomcoach.com/

Bill 

WBill is  right, TCC builds any coach your banker or wallet can stand...they also service coaches of all makes and age. I had a new front windshield put in August 19.  Their labor rate is $75 an hour!

Carl

14 hours ago, Manholt said:

...Their labor rate is $75 an hour!...

Carl

The REV Tech Center in Alvarado, is $140/hour.:o

Quick Update ... the coach I am looking at unfortunately may not be what we get. The background on this thread :

My family is ready to plunge into the 36-38ft coach from a 32ft (Actually 31 + some) coach. I am really kinda disappointed because this 2003 Forrest River Georgetown is exactly what we wanted. It is 5 years older than Pop Pops Georgetown and we were going to surprise him with us Buying a Georgetown and make him smile from ear to ear.  

The owner is not being easy going as he could be as far as an independent inspector. I CAN NOT afford a coach with delamination unless it was free. I can not justify to the Governor (the wife) why I spent money on a Motorhome not knowing if it had body issues. I know it needed a good bath and the price reflected that and the vinyl that was on the coach is starting to fade a bit which out Sightseer has none of that. In fact it is as perfect as it can be for its age so ...adding the possibility of Delamination to the mix and I might may be living in it if I get rid of a perfectly good coach for a problem child. 

32 Ft aint enough ... SO, I shifted my focus to other coaches at this point and maybe this was the Lords way of telling us that its time to go bigger and diesel. Tomorrow I look at a 38ft Santara and Currently making appointment to see a 36ft Yellowstone Country Club, and  a 36ft Winnie Chieftain (ALL DIESEL)

So am am terrified because I hear stories about diesels and the EXPENSE of the diesel. However, they seem to hold value and if I can tow more that means I gain more bang for the buck even if it costs a few more pennies. We shall see. Thanks for everyones help - i am kinda heart broken but its cool. Glad I didnt tell the kids about this ...

Keon

Well, you still should keep the Bio fuel under 15%...not driving it at all for 6 mos?  not good for my stress level !:P

Keon,

Glad you are looking at pushers (at least look and drive).  Earlier this month we parked next to a couple that use to have a diesel pusher similar to ours.  He downsized to a newer smaller gasser because he thought that would be easier on him as he was getting older.  He sacrificed and missed many of the amenities that pushers sometimes offer.  Such as, fresh water hose and shore power reels.

His largest complaint was that he and his wife could not carry on a conversation when going down the highway.  He said the engine was just too loud.

The next morning we bade our farewells and he told me he was going back home to look for another pusher.

Blake

Keon,

Several thing to look at in a pre-owned coach. Worn interior but low mileage. This may have been a vehicle that was used only to go south in the winter and north in the summer. Driven there and back twice a year. High mileage and predestine interior. Used mainly for transportation to and from and not much living.

This is just a guide line I use when looking at a pre-owned unit. (Haven't done so in a long time, just enjoying life while spending our kids inheritance):):)

Herman

Thanks so much for the advise. I really think its time to move toward a DP and this was the opportunity to do so. It just pissed me off that i wasted valuable time and potentially lost deals on good coaches while trying to make a deal happen. 

I honestly can say the Sightseer isnt bad in the noise department and to be perfectly honest I have no problem running up and down the road with it. We are looking to go West and I have heard the horror stories of folks in gassers getting hammered int he pocket with 3 and 4 MPG pulling those mountains. Not to mention the stories of Tractor Trailers blowing past them uphill so I figured id try the DP route. 

Herman your right, everything you said I found in my search. High mileage perfect interiors or Low mileage warn interiors - exactly what you said.  

I would start by looking at the websites that Herman and I posted. You will get a better idea of what coaches are selling for.

I would be looking at coaches less than 10 years old. 

Bill

I am looking as we speak. DP less than 10 years old are WAY out of the price range as they are coming in at over 60k. With the sale of the Winnie and the cash on hand my budget isnt there. This is why this guy really got under my skin, I wasnt looking to spend this kind of cash. 

I do have a question, I see people posting "Speed" numbers and I am curious, what is a Diesel going to give me "speed" wise over a gas? Is it just the torque I get pulling hills or on flat terrain will I get to move the coach at 75 and be more comfy? 

The reason I said 10 years old is after that it is hard to get financing. 

Speed wise on the flats not much different. The problem is it is hard to compare a gas coach to diesel as the diesel will weigh more than the gas coach and have bigger tanks, fresh water, grey and black. 

I travel at 65-68 much faster and mileage gets pretty bad. You should also know most 22.5 tires are only speed rated for 75 some only 65. 

When looking make sure you check the date codes on the tiers. You can have lots of tread on a old tier. You ought to add replacing all the tiers if they are more than 7 years old (can be a negotiating point). 

Bill

HayesFamily,

Pulling a hill is not too different in either a Gasser or DP. It is all in how you approach them. I have owned both and when ever I am coming to a hill just as I am getting to where the incline begins I step on the accelerator. I do this to build up the torque. I can then maintain my speed. However when in mountains it is a different story. Then I will down shift and try to maintain as much torque as I can. I also stay in the right hand lane because I know I am going to slow down. People in cars seem for some reason get upset if they are hindered in any way by a MH or truck. But heck I was the same when younger and didn't drive a MH. 

You will get lots of advise on how to drive your coach.:wacko:Listen to all and decide on which of them are the best for you. Remember it is you behind the wheel and not us.

You will do well.   :) 

Now go and buy that MH and start making memories that will last a life time for you and your family.:D

Herman