Jump to content
hayesfamily

Pinstripe & A Good Wash

Recommended Posts

Financing has been one of those things I tried to avoid like the plague. Eventually I will have too but trying to avoid it. I agree Its simply time to get another coach and put this bad memory to bed. I contacted PPL and Motor homes of Texas and talked to some awesome People. Both are getting back to me on a price for 2 really nice coaches. Will let you know how it goes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding speed, some toads are speed restricted.  My CRV is limited to 65.  On the same subject, I've noticed that once I go over 60, the bad MPG, gets even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK searching for the "Perfect Coach" SUCK!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone looking for Retail price for a Coach that ain't in RETAIL condition. 

So I am looking at a 99 Damon Intruder. The length is OK and truthfully, the layout is awesome HOWEVER, the leveling jacks have a hickup, the front AC has an issue (which I am sure is simple) but you want retail price for it? I am SO frustrated.

Never the less the search continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

OK searching for the "Perfect Coach" SUCK!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone looking for Retail price for a Coach that ain't in RETAIL condition. 

So I am looking at a 99 Damon Intruder. The length is OK and truthfully, the layout is awesome HOWEVER, the leveling jacks have a hickup, the front AC has an issue (which I am sure is simple) but you want retail price for it? I am SO frustrated.

Never the less the search continues. 

 

Just curious  where you are getting your "retail price"? I would look at the "sold" list on PPL so you will have a idea what things are selling for. If they won't come down or fix the problems just walk away there are plenty of coaches on the market and we are fast approaching the "selling season" as people would rather sell than store it over the winter.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Just curious  where you are getting your "retail price"? I would look at the "sold" list on PPL so you will have a idea what things are selling for. If they won't come down or fix the problems just walk away there are plenty of coaches on the market and we are fast approaching the "selling season" as people would rather sell than store it over the winter.

Bill

When I say people are asking for retail price they are actually going to sites like NADA and looking up values. Then they're going to post something in the hi retail low retail range when those prices are for coaches that have zero issues. I'm not talking about that I'm talking about this one coach hydraulic on the underbelly storage doors that were completely broken off the door so I would have to either drill holes in a tax bracket or some kind of way figure out how to fix them to New arms.  I'm talking front air conditioning not functioning at all, I'm talking hydraulic leveling not functioning properly. These things are not items that I would consider paying Premium Retail and then having to fix them.

For example I actually looked at a 98 Cheiftain which appears to be in awesome condition outside and inside. The problem is with 27,000 miles on the coast of 18 years old and I am suspension problems because they did not drive the coach. I offered him a price $4,000 less than his asking price and he counters 2000. I'm a let it sit for another month and see

I've gotten to a point now where I just started making offers and you're right there are many coaches coming available that people would rather sell than store so I'm just going to take my time, make offers and if I think their prices too much I'll just wait and make an offer a month later it's still sitting there. For every month at 6 something this potentially going to be damaged by the winter and or it's going to cost them to list it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but if you were selling you would start by asking top dollar. It is easier to let the buyer talk you down than to move them up.

 You are going to see things that need to be fixed on  a 18 year old coach. Your job is to find the coach with the fewest issues. Don't forget to check the date codes on the tires. 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I volunteer at a non profit retail store.  We have some high dollar items for which we ask top dollar, even though most are not worth what we ask.  The philosophy is that we can always come down...but can't go up.  Kind of like the RV market.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hayes.

The older the coach, the more $$$ you will pay to get in fixed for worry free travel...sounds to me like your figuring to get a perfect coach for no money!  If 60K is way to much, what do you figure you can pay? 

Hard to help you, if we don't have a base line to work with, also the longer the coach in gas/DP, the more it's going to cost.  A DP will give you more bang for the bucks in the long run, but unless you either have a healthy income or can do most off the maintenance your self...it will get real ugly, real fast.  Not cheap!  The Damon you looked at is a good coach, but it will run $1.5-2K to get everything fixed on it...small price to pay! 

There is no new or used Motor Home, fifth wheel or trailer, that I know about, that's in perfect shape!

Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manholt said:

Hayes.

The older the coach, the more $$$ you will pay to get in fixed for worry free travel...sounds to me like your figuring to get a perfect coach for no money!  If 60K is way to much, what do you figure you can pay? 

Hard to help you, if we don't have a base line to work with, also the longer the coach in gas/DP, the more it's going to cost.  A DP will give you more bang for the bucks in the long run, but unless you either have a healthy income or can do most off the maintenance your self...it will get real ugly, real fast.  Not cheap!  The Damon you looked at is a good coach, but it will run $1.5-2K to get everything fixed on it...small price to pay! 

There is no new or used Motor Home, fifth wheel or trailer, that I know about, that's in perfect shape!

Carl

Your right ... I agree with you. I took WildBills advice. I found one with the fewest issues.

My issue with Retail price is asking FULL BOAT RETAIL knowing that the interior is jack to ****, or the transmission doesn't work. How about the one I looked over smelled like nasty stale SKUNK. What isnt anywhere close to retail. I mean shouldn't the jacks at least work or not work at all? I am not talking about a stain or a scratch or missing TVs. I am talking stuff that will prevent me from enjoying the coach. If they ask for Retail Price I should be able to leave the Lot and at least camp somewhere for a night when I bring it home without issue even if I dont watch TV. 

I made an offer last week and the Owners accepted the offer I placed for a Itasca Suncruiser. It has a bruise on the rear from where they backed into a tree but it doesn't leak and the Transmission works. No TVs but I was gonna do my own thing there anyway. 

My family is looking forward to making our next Coach OURS but I at least need it to move LOL! Anyway on to the inspection phase.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2016 at 11:11 AM, jleamont said:

PPL has some DP's that look nice for under $30,000

PPL had a few. We were close to a deal and lets just say the owner wasnt willing to fix 5K worth if stuff that didnt work and they wouldnt come down on the price. 

I did find an Itasca that we put a deposit on and if all goes well will have here in Baltimore on the 27th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...