hayesfamily

Disney World October 2017

On 10/9/2016 at 8:00 PM, jleamont said:

Sorry to hear that. A similar sitiuation happened to a friend with a large RV dealer in Louisiana, he went down from PA with his coach to trade his in the day before Thanksgiving, arrived two days later to find the coach was a mess. 

You are shopping for a gas coach correct?

Yeah Gas - WOW I know he was peeved!!!

Again I am not looking for a Coach in 100% perfect condition but can the jacks and AC at least work? 

Bill Herman and anyone else

What is your personal opinion about late 90s holiday Ramblers? And it appears to be in very good condition but I'm torn between going with a Bounder that I'm guaranteed to be able to get parts for and for the most part works very straightforward or going with a 98 Holiday Rambler that appears to have a little bit different floor plan. I'm not so sure if I like the idea of my Plumbing on a slide but I figured let me bounce this off of the folks here and get an idea. I probably should change the post and put it under a different form but never the less let me know what you guys think I got about 24 hours before I need to start making some concrete which one to spend the money to go see

3 minutes ago, HayesFamily said:

Bill Herman and anyone else

What is your personal opinion about late 90s holiday Ramblers? And it appears to be in very good condition but I'm torn between going with a Bounder that I'm guaranteed to be able to get parts for and for the most part works very straightforward or going with a 98 Holiday Rambler that appears to have a little bit different floor plan. I'm not so sure if I like the idea of my Plumbing on a slide but I figured let me bounce this off of the folks here and get an idea. I probably should change the post and put it under a different form but never the less let me know what you guys think I got about 24 hours before I need to start making some concrete which one to spend the money to go see

Keon, What model, gas or diesel? The one thing is most important, does your wife like the floor plan. My whole kitchen is in a slide and I have never had a problem. What parts do you think will be a problem geting? 

Bill

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Keon, What model, gas or diesel? The one thing is most important, does your wife like the floor plan. My whole kitchen is in a slide and I have never had a problem. What parts do you think will be a problem geting? 

Bill

Its the 34V with the Ford V10 and the DW likes the floor plan of the bounder more than the rambler. 

I have stopped looking for Chevy motor cause the seem to be the most problematic and less fuel efficient. I am a Chevy guy and I got to say the Ford thing is a huge change but that seems to be the go to for gas coaches. 
I think over all the Bounder is the "beefer" will take more "punishment" coach as I have never seen one look like the Winnies I have come across. Every winnie from that vintage has been garbage which is why we never looked at another. I mean delam and water damage in EVERY WINNIE. She likes the floor plans of the winnies but the bounder is very close and she will be ok with that i think!

Someone warned me years ago that sliding "pluming" could present problems so i never looked at them. I know in alot of the Georgetowns the kitchen slides. I know people that have had leaks in the Georgetown among other issues so thats why i mentioned it. 

Keon,

You mentioned finding parts for an older unit. When thinking of parts for a motor home we aren't talking about Ford or Chevrolet. So many of their parts are brand pacific. With a Motor Home you have an assembly of different components from so many different manufacturers. About the only thing that is brand pacific is the Chassis. There are Norcold or Dometic and they are in a majority of coaches. the same goes with Levelers, generators, lights, microwaves, and the list goes on and on. Take my coach for example, a 2002 Monaco Dynasty. The head lights are from a 1994 BMW. the tail lights are from a Ford pickup.

My point is, don't be afraid of parts. 

Find the floor plan the DW likes and you will be miles ahead.

Good luck in your search.

Herman     

Keon, what model is the Holiday Rambler?

The Bounder from what I have read is a V8, 460 (could just be the one I found on my search) If it were me I would search for a V10 powered coach. Is the HR a V10?

I would not be worried about the kitchen in the slide. Is the Bounder a V10? If so I think your wife will be happier with a floor plan she like. You think the Bounder is better SO.

In your search I would recommend staying away from the older coaches with the 460. Great engine but real thirsty. 

Bill

The Bounder is a v10 and the HR turned out to be a complete joke. 

The Bounder offer was accepted today and the DW is happy. Here are a few pictures ... 

NY Coach Protential (1).jpg

NY Coach Protential (8).jpg

NY Coach Protential (10).jpg

Keon,

Looks like your search paid off. You didn't rush in blindly and found a coach the DW likes. You both are winners.

One thing I notice is the long rear end. Be very careful when making sharp turns you will have a lot of tail swing. But don't worry we know you can do it.

Congratulations,

Herman

Nice!  A lot of folks, especially full timers, are brand oriented by the Bounder!  More bang for the bucks!  Hermans right, be aware off the rear, or you'll look like mine did 6 weeks ago! :(:rolleyes:

Per the VIN # that Rambler Imperial was a 2006.  

Carl

Yea, I know too well about the swing area end.  My DW has threatened put a hole in my boat.

Jim

Jim. If I still had a DW, she would have sunk my boats! :( Since my Co-Pilot rear end took out another Class A's front end at 6 State rally in OK. Sep. 11th!  :o:rolleyes: At 2mph.

Carl

Yeah I noticed how much tail swing .... I assume I need to turn like school buses do? Is there anything I can do to minimize taking out idiots that are too close?

Herman.  That only works when you can move over, but when you have a coach on one side and a golf cart on the other...where do you go?  If I would have been given the permission to remove my toad, it would never have happened to begin with and I would not be out $7,082!  :angry:

Carl

Wow ... WHAT A DIFFERNCE 1 YEAR MAKES.  This time last year we were in negotiations for Coach.  A year later and we are 18  days away from being in each other's face in a motorhome for 12 long days in the happiest place on earth. 

I just want to thank everybody in this thread they guided us through the process  and special thanks to Joe who is been an awesome mentor  helping me fix the stuff that broke along the way and keeping me from going insane.  

Will post pics of Disney in a few weeks.