So this i am SURE has been a debate for years but I am curious to see what the "new" protocol is for gas. 

I am a new Gas MH owner and I am terrified to leave Gas in my coach this winter. I have a boat and witnessed the destruction of 2 Carbs that I had to have rebuilt back to back seasons. I have also been the unfortunate victim of plastic small engine carbs biting the dust. 30-45 min of running fuel doesn't seem to be enough to keep my from running into problems come April for my genny so what are folks doing in the Mid West and places north who may get snow so bad they cant get to run the genny in the winter? 

THEN if there is not enough panic about DEVIL GAS there is the talk of e15. Now my research says that  E15 is approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for vehicles 2001 and newer but if my 2003 coach is running the same motor that was in the 2000 model year whats to say I wont run into issues? 

Then there is the issue of voiding warranties ...  Use of these non-mentioned fuels and fuel additives does not necessarily void a vehicle warranty but lets face it, we drive MH for fun and vacation so I doubt seriously - any of us have enough cash on hand to fight a major manufacture in court if this becomes an issue? And even if we were all super rich and had Jetplanes its cheaper to just buy another on at that point. Let me stand and say the Hayes Clan is not sitting on that type of cash and I cant be the only one concerned. 

Not in all fairness I talked to a few service techs that work for Chrysler and they claim vehicle manufacturers may not deny a warranty claim based on use of a different fuel if that fuel did not contribute to the problem for which the warranty claim is made but Mercury did int he 90s when they started putting tracers in their oil claiming engine failure was due to people "NOT USING" proper oil.  

So, is my fear justifiable or am I overreacting? 

I think you are WAY other thinking this thing!  I don't believe this has been a debate recently much less for years.

HayesFamily. Before parking the unit for the season I add a fuel stabilizer and top off the tank with gasoline. I would also run the generator for a bit under load to make sure the fuel stabilizer has been circulated through the generator. 

Motor oils and filters: run what the engine manufacture recommends. It's your safest bet especially if you are under manufactures warranty. I always go over my oil spec requirements never under. If you save your receipts getting warranty on an engine failure shouldn't be a problem.

Haynes Family -

I leave gas in my coach all winter but every month I head to the storage area and run the generator for about two hours (so it heats up thoroughly and avoids condensation issues) with a load (usually the heat pump in the a/c) and also every other month I take it around the county for a about an hour drive.  Usually the wife and I will pick up lunch and go to the coach - set up the jacks, put the slides out and watch a little TV while waiting for the two hours on the generator.    As far as the E-15 issue.  In all my trips and we mostly gas up at Pilot's the gas is E-10 really haven't seen E-15.   There is a warning on my gas cap that says no E-85 and E15 is acceptable.   Concerning the year of your coach the Vin number should tell you if your chassis is the same year as your coach - mine is a 14 chassis on a 15 model year coach.  If you don't have a manual they are available here https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals/sitemap.html

HaynesFamily.  What year, make of coach did you get? 

Follow the advise of Joe and Matt, and don't drain fuel out.  Do winterize your water system so it doesn't freeze!

Closest I get to snow and ice, is a 2 week hunt, every year!  All of my bays are heated, but there are additives that I put in my Diesel.

Carl

HayesFamily, as Joe pointed out, a good fuel additive in the gasoline will help, and as stated in other post, do not forget the generator needs to be exercised often, it will be more vulnerable to e-15, most of them including my Honda state not to use more than e-10. Hoping that e-10 is not fading in your area yet, if so come south more often "LOL". Your coach fuel concerns probably is over founded, a 2003 doesn't use those cheap plastic carbureators and parts. Winterize correctly and enjoy the new to you coach.

"do not forget the generator needs to be exercised often"

A very good reminder to all. Something we all need to do at least once a month is to exercise the generator, Air conditioner(s), Furnace or Aqua Hot. and even the Tv.

I just, yesterday ran everything. I now know they are all working and we are ready to go to Shawnee for Six-State. It is good for the units and besides, I don't like surprises when on the road.

Herman