raptor4070

2003 Beaver Baron: Filling Fresh Water Tank

Hi Rich, I noticed that also, it may very well be in winterize mode, and that valve closed may be the culprit.  I am also looking at the supply line valve in the blue line, it appears to be some makeshift valve that goes straight to the pump and also upward and since it seems to feed the pump then upward, I believe that someone has tried to be inventive and create a bypass such as yours. The left side is normally the inlet side of a shureflow pump, which looks that is the brand. I see no sediment filter close to the pump which to me is a bad idea. Maybe with all the many ideas suggested he will get the right combination and all will work well. Hope he comes back to the forum and lets us know what actually fixed the problem.

Look just behind the Oval knob in the red water line, I cropped the picture. It sure looks like there is a small valve in the Blue water line, just below and behind the Red line. It sure looks like there is a brass line valve with a smaller oval handle !

So frustrating not to be able to attach anymore Images. One does the best they can !

Rich.

Brass Valve.docx

Rich,

There are too many valve in there to understand which one does what. It might help if we could see pictures with everything removed from the bay. I see one valve that looks as if it comes from the valve to a Tee and to the pump. Wish I could get my head in for a closer look. I will bet it a simple fix, a nightmare , but simple.

Herman

So! Here's an update.  I moved the valve from horizontal to vertical and turned on the water in the coach and in either direction there is water that flows through the faucets whether I have the valve vertical or horizontal . So I took the valve off, attached a hose and then moved the lever from horizontal to vertical and water came out  of only one side at a time when the  other was closed. Which leads me to believe that it's not the valve. I am stumped!!

What color is the line going in to the bottom of the freshwater tank? Kind of thinking it will be blue for cold water and the red is for the hot water.

Just now noticed a silver manual valve in the blue line that goes toward the water pump. Think I'm going blind, considering how many times I have look at the OP's attached picture. Kind of hard to believe that the valve to allow one to fill the freshwater tank would be totally hidden.

Just need to find out if there is a need to set more then one valve in the correct configuration..

Rich.

There will be only one line from potable water tank to pump.  It is only after the water pump that lines branch off to cold (blue in many coaches) and post-water heater hot (red in many coaches).

17 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

There will be only one line from potable water tank to pump.  It is only after the water pump that lines branch off to cold (blue in many coaches) and post-water heater hot (red in many coaches).

Agree Brett !

Think there are 3 different valves in the left  side of the picture. One large black knob, one smaller black knob and one silver one

One in the Red line, One in the Blue line – behind and below the one in the Red line. Then there is one in the blue line that goes towards the water pump. All three are on the left side of the bay!

One in the Red line possible hot water system drain.

2 valves in the blue line - left side. 1 that is hard to see in the picture - below and behind the red line. Then there is one in the blue line that goes towards the water pump( left side) and I have to think that is the intake side. Kind of keep thinking the one close to the bottom of the bay is a possible drain for the freshwater tank and or the one used to also fill the tank.

Rich.

Whoo! Hoo! Finally,  Hugh shout out to all of you who chimed in especially Rich! The cropped picture with the brass valve was the culprit.  After taking a closer look the small valve knob was broken so I had to use a pair of pliers to turn it.  That did the trick and was able to fill the tank.  I'll pick up a new valve to replace the broken knob. Thanks again! Everyone!! :D

6 hours ago, raptor4070 said:

Whoo! Hoo! Finally,  Hugh shout out to all of you who chimed in especially Rich! The cropped picture with the brass valve was the culprit.  After taking a closer look the small valve knob was broken so I had to use a pair of pliers to turn it.  That did the trick and was able to fill the tank.  I'll pick up a new valve to replace the broken knob. Thanks again! Everyone!! :D

Thanks for the reply! Good to know that you got water to flow into the potable water tank !

Should you be considering to use the water in the tank to drink you should go through a disinfecting process. Until that is done I would advise using bottled water for drinking and making coffee, tea and for cooking. Do not want anyone getting sick on the first trip !!!!!

Rich.

Now that the problem has been resolved, another issue is present in the picture.  The tank flush is hooked up to a garden hose.  Unless flushing the black water tank is in progress, this can be a problem.  I had a friend who was parked for the winter in a campground and simply kept the flush hose hooked up to the coach.  One day the water was shut off in the park and everyone was cautioned to turn off their water.  When the line was repaired and water in the park turned on, campground workers, trying to be helpful came by and turned on the water for everyone at their post.  They also turned on the flush hose.  The result was new flooring and a real mess to be cleaned up.  I would never leave that hose connected, you just never know who is going to try to help you by turning on the water for you!