five

A Warning!

I belong to a number of different forums...RVs, boats, engines, pick ups... probably 10 to 12 all together.  Some I look at daily, when able, others just once in a while.  Recently I received the following from one of the forums, I will not embarrass them by mentioning their name:

You have received a warning at xxxxxx forum.

Reason:
-------
Community Rules Violation - warning

Your recent post has been edited for linking to a competing site & you are receiving a warning for another violation of Community Rules. The warning is in effect for 120 days but stays on your record permanently.

Other forums can be helpful to members, especially brand/model specific ones, but it's inappropriate to link to a competing forum.

I put a link in a thread to a brand specific MH so a member could ask brand specific questions...made sense to me.  My "permanent record"...are we still in high school?

Forums have owners and the owners make up the rules. Most forum users don't read the rules.  Cheer up, I've had my hand(s) slapped  on a couple different forums. I just learned to heed the advice and not make the same mistake twice.

It to shall pass, or as I always say; It is what it is and then it is what you make of it.

I tend to stay away from the other Forums, in regards to RVs ... got all the information needed right here. ?

On any other subject? Yes!

Carl

That sounds like something they do at the iRV2 forum.  It is one of the few "for profit only" sites, i.e. not associated with a manufacturer or RV any organization like Good Sam or FMCA.  I left that group a number of years ago as I was often chastised by the moderators.

As a retired military officer, I'm still on the military personnel rolls and subject to recall in case of a national emergency.  I hope this mark on my "permanent record" will not affect my ability to get my Top Secret clearance back should I be recalled to active duty.:D

5 hours ago, BillAdams said:

That sounds like something they do at the iRV2 forum.  It is one of the few "for profit only" sites, i.e. not associated with a manufacturer or RV any organization like Good Sam or FMCA.  I left that group a number of years ago as I was often chastised by the moderators.

Same here Bill and if you mention you got a hinnie bite you get another one.  I replied to them to take their membership and shove it as I don't want to be part selected few that gets shoved around by members, not allow to complain about it and get warnings if I do.   

3 minutes ago, FIVE said:

As a retired military officer, I'm still on the military personnel rolls and subject to recall in case of a national emergency.  I hope this mark on my "permanent record" will not affect my ability to get my Top Secret clearance back should I be recalled to active duty.:D

Like if any of those websites have any meaning to us.  

I have met some fine friends on many of the forums.

10 hours ago, FIVE said:

Now that is going to depend on the eye in the sky and if they are reading your post. But I can get their number and give them a lead if you would like.:D

Same here, Billadams & Huffypuff.

Seems once a "moderator" takes exception to anything one says, then EVERYTHING said after that is scrutinized far in excess of other posters. Language using the actual banned words seems acceptable for the privileged few and banishment to others. I had enough of their double standard so dropped off their forum.

I see a lot of criticism on this forum of irv2.  I have used both for a long time without issue.  They both contain good information when you have a problem.  Never had an issue with linking to an outside source.  Just MO.