paulandsue2

Financing New RV - Full Timers Or Not?

Hi all,

When we purchased our current RV we financed it as full timers. Afterward we learned we may have paid a higher interest rate financing this way. We are looking at buying a new RV and we are wondering if we should finance it using our apartment address at our daughters house. We have this address on our drivers licenses, bank accounts and all our mail goes here.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Paul and Sue

We were just at the Newmar Kountry Klub rally in Pueblo. I was looking at a 2012 Essex as a potential trade for my 2008 MountainAire. The finance lady said she had 2 credit unions she used and that fill timers had to add .75 to their published rates. She could usually get them approved . She also used Bank of the West - Essex and they currently had a rate of 3.99 even for full timers. It was more difficult to get approval but if you had a credit score in the 800 range it was no problem. 

Unfortunately we couldn't agree on a price to trade so never got to the nitty gritty of financing.  

So is the 2008, I went thru all the coaches there about 3 weeks ago!  Went for the 06 Newell, but it got sold, sight unseen in Shawnee at 6 State Rally!