tarheels293

2001 HR Ambassador Brake Calipers

Has anyone one out there had luck finding calipers, rotors, pads for the 2001 HR Ambassador. If I'm understanding right, I've got the phenolic piston in my calipers. If the RV sits for 3 to 4 weeks the calipers sticks. I can drive it down the road 4 or 5 miles and put heat in the brakes, let it sit over night and it does fine on the trip. I've changed the brake fluid and that really helped. It's on a Roadmaster chassis model 26000. I'm really hoping to find someone who has changed there's and has parts numbers....thanks again guys..   2001 H/R Ambassador  Monaco coach #120383  36pbd  ISB 300 eng.  VIN # 1RF12041912012180 (8/2000)

I have a 2001 Monaco Night 36 ISB 300 with a Roadmaster Chassis RR4R. Front Webster Axle. I need to replace both front brakes. Rotors are cracked.

Can't find parts anywhere. Any idea's?

Thanks Ed

This is not rocket science but will take a little effort to get the correct rotor. First the wheel needs to be off. Measure the diameter of the rotor and the thickness. Measure the height of the hat from the base face of the rotor. measure the diameter of the hat and the number of studs. Go to a real parts supply house not NAPA or ORileys. Withthose dimensions they can find it from Centrix. Do not buy standard rotors, buy cryoed rotors, cryogenicly treated rotors, frozen in nitrogen, they will last far longer and dissipate heat much better than the standard rotors for not a lot more money.

Another place that used to be very good is Ott's friction in Oregon 503 283 4165. It has changed hands a while back and is now owned by Fleet Pride. Word has it that it is not a knowledgeable as before.  Another source would be Kaiser Brake and alignment in Eugene Oregon, 541 344 5887 These folks are also old time been around a long time.

Pads and calipers from the same sources

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, rsbilledwards said:

cryogenicly treated rotors, frozen in nitrogen

I knew I liked you for more reasons than I realized :P. I cant count how many times I installed these on the F53 chassis, Ambulances and police cars at the dealer, they do work great!

On 3/20/2018 at 7:57 PM, kaypsmith said:

Great responses, although I hope that he found them before the responses started.:wub:  August 29 2016 started.

I agree. I would add that if you have this problem with the brakes you could run a Dot 5 full synthetic brake fluid it will not absorb water.

Bill