Bossgv69

Steering Stabilizer: Chevy P30 Chassis

I recently purchased a 1998/99 Vectr Grand Tour, on a Chevrolet P30 chassis.

I feel I need to install a steering damper/stabilizer.

Any help on finding a good unit, as well as mounting brackets, would be greatly appreciated.

bossgv69,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What is it that you are trying to correct/improve?

Have you check for play in the whole steering assembly?  Bell cranks, particularly left one?

On 9/1/2016 at 7:11 PM, bossgv69 said:

I recently purchased a 1998/99 Vectr Grand Tour, on a Chevrolet P30 chassis.

I feel I need to install a steering damper/stabilizer.

Any help on finding a good unit, as well as mounting brackets, would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Like Brett said what is your main complaint?  Sometimes a steering stabilizer isn't the best answer to a problem.

Bill

Kind of difficult to assign a rank to some of the suspension issues on the Chevy/Workhorse P chassis, but I would probably put verification of front ride height (air bag PSI proper OR upgraded coil springs) right near the top.

A leaking front air bag on one of these with OE springs can really have adverse affects on handling, ride and suspension component wear.

Particularly on this chassis, verification that components are within spec IS where to start.  Then, with everything up to spec, consider after-market improvements.  And there are a number of very good ones out there for this chassis.