Abdulandhazel

FULLTIMERS LOST COACH TO FIRE

Hi Folks,

While we have been members of the FMCA and owners of a coach for almost a year. We were new to full timing and lost our coach to fire on our first major trip. Happened on August 2016 in Marina CA and today is the 2nd September 2016.I would like to say the FMCA were a great help or enquirer as to what if anything they could do,but sadly that's not the case.

I rang the emergency number and explained my husband had been driving hours already and would now be driving tired and I had a heart condition and has lost all my medication and my ID. Plus we were in shock as we had lost our pet to the fire. Couldnt find accommodations on our own due to some car show. 

I'm not sure if it's maned by volunteers or paid staff, but I got told oh it's after hours we only have one staff member to handle any emergencies. And that he had a number of emergencies to deal with. 

We never got a call that night or to date to even see how we were or what if anything they could do to help.

IM less than impressed needless to say. And doubt that we will be renewing membership.

if this wasn't an emergency I don't know what is. And emergencys happen after hours FMCA you need to correct the availability of staff accordingly.

sad member

Abdul and HaEl Ahmad

image.jpeg

Our greatest fear is loss due to fire...in an RV or home.  Truly sorry for your personal loss and your pet's life.  You have my condolences!  In regards to FMCA, I'm confused.  What is it that caused you to call them?  Did you call your Insurer of the coach?  Not sure if FMCAssist would have been able to help in anyway since neither you or your husband needed any Life threatening assistance.

Carl 

If you were not happy with the response offered by FMCA (you paid, what, $40?) I am terribly sorry.  What did the RV manfuactuer/dealer that you paid $300,000 dollars to do to assist?

On September 3, 2016 at 11:45 PM, Abdulandhazel said:

Hi Folks,

While we have been members of the FMCA and owners of a coach for almost a year. We were new to full timing and lost our coach to fire on our first major trip. Happened on August 2016 in Marina CA and today is the 2nd September 2016.I would like to say the FMCA were a great help or enquirer as to what if anything they could do,but sadly that's not the case.

I rang the emergency number and explained my husband had been driving hours already and would now be driving tired and I had a heart condition and has lost all my medication and my ID. Plus we were in shock as we had lost our pet to the fire. Couldnt find accommodations on our own due to some car show. 

I'm not sure if it's maned by volunteers or paid staff, but I got told oh it's after hours we only have one staff member to handle any emergencies. And that he had a number of emergencies to deal with. 

We never got a call that night or to date to even see how we were or what if anything they could do to help.

IM less than impressed needless to say. And doubt that we will be renewing membership.

if this wasn't an emergency I don't know what is. And emergencys happen after hours FMCA you need to correct the availability of staff accordingly.

sad member

Abdul and HaEl Ahmad

image.jpeg

What did you expect from FMCA?

Perhaps a replacement and room/board and medical for her heart condition and his driving fatigue?  Makes no sense to me....:(:wacko:

I'm not sure why everyone wants to jump on these folks, one of the benefits of Assist is prescription drug replacement:

If the member misplaces a medical prescription or damages eyeglasses or contact lenses while away from home, Seven Corners will arrange and pay to deliver the replacement prescription or glasses (lenses included) to the member’s current location. Only the cost of shipping is covered. The cost of obtaining the prescription and/or glasses is the insured’s responsibility.
The maximum amount of this benefit is $500.

See above.  She did mention that she had lost her heart medication.  Seems they should have received a call or some help in this regard.  While there was nothing to do regarding the coach or his lack of sleep, there is really no excuse for being ignored. IMO

Yes, and it's our responsibility to contact Seven Corners, not FMCA !  FMCA pay's for our membership with Seven Corners...now you want a 24/7/365 operator to stand by?

I understand that the lady is distraught, I would be also under those circumstances!  However, there are certain steps that we need to take and only we can do it.  Especially if your a full timer...Ducks in a row !

Carl 

Abdul,

Again sorry for your loss. If I might let me ask you a couple of questions you might have gotten from 7 Corners. 

Is your wife's prescriptions with a major Pharmacy? If so 7 Corners can contact them and get med.s shipped to you from the closest Pharmacy.

Who is your Doctor and have you contacted their office? 

Will your Dr. Fax a new prescriptions to the closest Pharmacy?

May things are hard when you have had a catastrophic loss. However the coverage of FMCAssist all hinges on Medical emergencies and communications with Doctors, Hospitals and Emergency Physicians.

Your Family is here to help.

Herman

Come on guys - give it a rest.  These people lost their coach and a pet.  They were grasping at straws for some kind of hope.  She is from Australia and had lost her passport and ID in the fire.  I am not sure many of us would make logical decisions in this situation.  The OP states that "she rang the emergency number" and did not say  FMCA.

She finally contacted some members of the Alfa Owners Club (their coach was an Alfa) and they have received some useful advice and support for there.

Leary,

Sorry there was no disrespect meant to the OP'er. As I mentioned in my first response, I did make some calls and that was what I tried to post back to them. There was no disrespect meant.

Thank you and all of the Alfa group for all of your help, I know they appreciated it. 

Again Sorry,

Herman

I have read on several occasions of members of this forum being critical of irv2 for people slamming their posts.  How is what happened here different?  Seems there are some people who find it necessary to be critical rather than show some empathy for people who have problems.  If you don't have all the facts, then perhaps you should resist the urge to comment.

Unless the OP comes back, let me suggest that we close this thread.  Don't see anything else constructive coming out of it.

Abdulandhazel, please feel free to PM me, and I would be happy to reopen or post for you.

Thank you and sorry for your loss.