HarryShort

12 Volt DC Refrigerator Short

2001 Discovery 37-u. 20 amp fuse for Dometic fridge, exterior porch, entry step, entry overhead, kitchen d/c florescent light, and four area lights blow when unit is moved.  With fuse blown the Fridge will not function on gen, shore power, or gas if the panel is not functioning.

Parked, new fuse, everything works fine.  Had 2000 inverter/charger rebuilt last January and was parked for 3 month with no issue.  Problem started after driving unit.  Have tried shutting off all known d/c supplied circuits before driving and fuse still blows.

Have disconnected, re-attached, and  tested all circuits while parked and found nothing.  Service center says possibly is wiring and want to trace by removing ceiling and walls in areas of concern.  Possible $5,000 to $6,000 in labor.  Any suggestions?

Harry, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The Fact that you mentioned the Inverter / Charger has been rebuilt, would lead me to the electrical connections at the inverter output. They need to be tight, especially the ground connection.

You had no issues before it was removed and reinstalled, and incorrect, loose connections or incorrect wire routing all can compromise the mentioned circuit, considering its location close to the DC power panel. Think they are over reaching when talking about removing so much interior material.

Think I would get a second or third opinion an maybe a call to Fleetwood and get there feedback.

Fleetwood Customer Service
Mon-Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm ET
800 322 8216

http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservice/

Just have a strong feeling that is where your problem is !!

Rich.

You have mentioned one outside fixture-- I would open it and check for corrosion or water in it.

Then start separating out the different circuits at the fuse box to identify which one is the culprit.

$5-6K-- you could have all those circuits rewired for less than that, and really doubt more than one went bad at once.