rfsod48

Cell Phone Booster

Any suggestions on cell phone booster? I m using my cell as a wifi hot spot and would like to enhance the signal. 

Thanks,

Roland 

Roland,

I do the same. We live in a all metal home in the country. At present time when at home, I teather my phone to my computer and have to put the phone on the window ledge to get a fair signal. Look forward to seeing what others have used.

Herman

Wilson makes a variety of products that boost signal.  I was in a campground without any usable service on my Verizon iPhone.  My neighbor had a Wilson 271201 amp and I put my phone next to it and I had 5 bars.  I will ordered one and will pick it up at my daughters in 2 days when we get to her home in Oregon City.

I recently purchased a Wilson cell booster. I only got 4db improvement. Called Wilson, and I was told that if the signal isn't 85db or less that their boosters would not help. Mine was -118db. Remember that the smaller the number, the stronger the signal. Therefore, when traveling, at some locations you may or may not have any booster be effective. 

I arrived at my daughters, am using my Wilson unit that was waiting for me.  I have no service to 1 bar and when I turn on the booster I have 5 bars.

48 minutes ago, rossboyer said:

I recently purchased a Wilson cell booster. I only got 4db improvement. Called Wilson, and I was told that if the signal isn't 85db or less that their boosters would not help. Mine was -118db. Remember that the smaller the number, the stronger the signal. Therefore, when traveling, at some locations you may or may not have any booster be effective. 

Where do you get that db measurement?