Sign in to follow this  
Vegasmailman

Bit Confusing

When buying a diesel pusher I noticed some with rather higher mileage 50-80 thousands.  I am told by the salesman not to worry that these miles only indicate that the engine was just really broken in.  But I have talked also to people who wanted to sell with same mileage as stated above and the dealer telling them the coach has a lot miles.    Not sure what to believe.

Miles on a DP, are not really relevant unless the maintenance has been neglected.

And, a coach with very low miles, particularly if lots of interior wear is often a very bad one to get-- may have been driven south for the winter and lived in, driven back in spring and parked. Then maybe parked for a couple of years while deciding whether to continue to travel/sell.

R. LeBlanc,

"Salesman telling the truth" is the ultimate oxymoron.:lol:

As for folks telling you that a diesel engine with 50-60,000 miles is just getting broke in that is correct. Most will tell you that somewhere about that time the coach started to run better and that they would see a slight increase in mileage.  

Herman  

Herman.  :lol:

Then everything else, needs doing...:D 

R. LeBlanc.  The one's who talk "a lot of miles", generally are referring to gas engines...DP's your looking at several hundred thousand miles, before it becomes a issue!  The other components of a coach, will wear out, long before the diesel will...reverse that for a gas engine!

If you can hear the buzzer, can't you reach it?  If you can, just cut the wire (easily repaired) until the problem is resolved.

We bought are dp 3 years ago with 87,000 miles on it from original owner. Coach was garaged when not in use and serviced in Decatur every year. Seller had all warranty and service records. Seller also had many upgrades done over the years. I will also say we looked at many other used coaches and to my surprise they were poorly maintained and in overall poor condition. My thought was they paid so much for these why not take good care of your investment.. Coach now has 110,000 miles on it. Heading to Spartan in November for tires and overall inspection. A running diesel is a happy diesel.

carl

2004 American tradition 

Honda CR-V 2013

n.h.

We've had our coach for just over 11 years now.  It's approaching 50,000 miles with 13,000 of them put on within the last year.  We've always had the generator and engine serviced regularly and have serviced other systems from what we've learned on this forum.  Example: air dryer and filter, air governor etc.

Our coach has always been garaged when not in use.  We always get comments that our coach "looks" brand new and folks are amazed it's 11 years old.

Given it's age, we're working on upgrading some interior features such as flooring and sofas......much like folks do on their traditional homes.  LED light conversion is done along with some new fixtures.  Have also upgraded the tube TVs to HD flat screens, over the air antenna and satellite dish.

RV salespeople......we've had many RVs throughout the years.  My philosophy is, homework before purchase is very important.  The salesperson's job is to sell you an RV.  You are the only one who is interested in the best bang for your $$'s.  Even worse is a salesperson that has never owned and RV.

Blake

When you fill out the paper work at Kelly Blue book and similar publications to sell a MH, if a diesel, they say to leave the mileage blank...doesn't make any difference.