Sign in to follow this  
rrlowther

Winegard Satellite Dish Issues

Hello All!  

Just going to throw this out there.  I'm parked in Strafford, VA, at the Aquia Pines RV resort.  I'm here for work through the end of next week.

I parked on Saturday evening, called Dish gave them the new service address and fired up my Winegard T 8000T (white dome) satellite.  Done it a hundred times.  Everything came up and it was hunky dory until two days ago.

Suddenly I have partial, then complete signal loss.  I've been on the phone with Dish for the last two days (outside of work), and we've tried everything.

I ran a new cable directly from the Winegard to the input on the receiver no dice.  I replace the receiver (had a spare in the basement, don't ask me why I have no idea), no dice.

I have confirmed I'm facing South, I have beautiful vista of a view no obstructions at all.  Still no signal.

I've called 9 different places, (getting referred from one to another over and over), no one in the area or close to this area will come to the RV park, I have to pack up the coach 40 foo DP Safari Zanzibar, and take it to them.

Does anyone know of a technition in the area that I could contact and have them come take a look at it?  

I just quite smoking three months ago, and if I have to go without TV for the next two weeks.... well...  I just can't even think about it!  LOL

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

double R,

Contact Winegard. I had the same problem and it turned out that the dome would not support the newer signal from Dish. They do offer a discount to Winegard customers due to the changes made by Dish. 

Go out and buy quite a few video movies. Please don't start smoking again.

Sorry for your difficulties. Good Luck.

Herman 

First 40+ days are easy, then it gets on/off bad for a long time...stay away from food, desserts, booze and stress!  Other than that, you'll be fine in a couple of years...:blink: If it gets too bad, buy some gum (nicotine) or e-cig, 2 mg.  Been there, several times.  :)

As far as your TV is concerned go with Herman, he knows.

Carl

The RT8000 T is the in-motion version of the Mini-Max antenna.  The same antenna as the Carryout, only roof mounted and, of course, capable of in-motion reception.

It does date back to around 2010 or earlier, I believe and has been replaced by the G2 and G2+ which can be setup at portable or roof mounted.  It is quite possible that the changes made by Dish in 2015 is what is causing the problem but, as mentioned above, a call to Winegard could confirm this.  There is not an upgrade available that will fix the problems created by Dish so if that's the problem and you can get a deal on a replacement, that would be the thing to do.  Let us know what Winegard says.

By the way, I have seen some reports that folks have power cycled the antenna multiple times and gotten lucky with the antenna locking on.  Be certain that you have the correct SW64 check switch showing in the receiver setup menus as well.