manholt

New Computer

A typical example of a new computer system and programs....it's only as good as the information it receives!  Apparently, someone in FMCA did not enter the correct information, I see no other explanation coming for why the whole system was down since 1:57 pm Sunday until now!  Or did they ( IT) forget to plug it in?  Also, getting any kind off info on why I could not even sign in (Error: 404), over the phone yesterday, was to me appalling!  Why all the secrecy ?  

Carl

Carl,

I was having problems also. I could log into the main site but not the forum.  I sent an email to the webmaster then went about other business. The withdrawal pains are frightening, right. 

There are so many reasons why a server can go down it's also frightening. Sometimes it is a small fix and sometimes it requires a lot of man hours.

You can call me anytime and I'll talk to you until the hibbie jibbies go away. :-):)

There is going to be an new chapter formed here in FMCA, "FWA" aka the "FORUM WITHDRAWAL AUTONOMOUS." :P:P

It will be where you have a sponsor to help you through those time when the system goes down. :D 

Herman

Herman, that would be a very big conference call...:lol::P

Wayne, you where lucky, I could not even get on main page FMCA!  Error 404  Site could not be found...I felt like a step child. :(:blink:

Carl 

Our host applied a change to fix the issue where users weren't being logged in. The login was having difficulty retrieving and validating some information for FMCA.com. That happens from time to time when we make certain changes to the main website. We are considering bringing the forums in-house so we can have more control and avoid such issues in the future. Thanks for standing by.

I survived the FMCA withdrawal fairly well. It was kind of a catch 22 You are logged into the main site but when you try to go to anouther part or the forums it said you must log in. When I clicked on the login it took me back to the main site that asked if I wanted to sign out.

Thanks for the update CE

Bill

16 minutes ago, FMCANationalOffice said:

Our host applied a change to fix the issue where users weren't being logged in. The login was having difficulty retrieving and validating some information for FMCA.com. That happens from time to time when we make certain changes to the main website. We are considering bringing the forums in-house so we can have more control and avoid such issues in the future. Thanks for standing by.

Thanks, Todd.

I know you spent a lot of time yesterday working with the FMCA Forum host to get us back up.

Just so everyone knows, EVERYONE experienced exactly the same issues-- had nothing to do with anyone's computer/equipment.

Well stated Brett!

There are a number of the active forum posters that have been through some of these issues in private or public enterprises or organizations that feel the pain of the excellent personal working for FMCA headquarters that get caught in the wash when change is required.

A personal thank you to all!

Rich. 

Good thing, I'm not running for office.  I have said this before, I'm not a PC person.  But, would it be difficult (for the benefit of all) to get a heads up, before the plug is pulled?

Carl 

7 hours ago, manholt said:

Herman, that would be a very big conference call...:lol::P

Wayne, you where lucky, I could not even get on main page FMCA!  Error 404  Site could not be found...I felt like a step child. :(:blink:

Carl 

I know what was wrong. You were not holding your mouth correctly. <_<

7 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I survived the FMCA withdrawal fairly well. It was kind of a catch 22 You are logged into the main site but when you try to go to anouther part or the forums it said you must log in. When I clicked on the login it took me back to the main site that asked if I wanted to sign out.

Thanks for the update CE

Bill

Do you have that business card that says on one side, "In order to log in, turn card over," and on the other side it says, "In order to log in, turn card over."   That is one way to keep a Wild Bill busy for hours.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Good thing, I'm not running for office.  I have said this before, I'm not a PC person.  But, would it be difficult (for the benefit of all) to get a heads up, before the plug is pulled?

Carl 

Carl, just a heads up. It's going to happen again. When? Just be prepared for it and watch a movie. (Your kind):ph34r: