Sign in to follow this  
windboat42@bellsouth.net

Beaver Marquis 1986 /1985. Model Year Confusion

Could I get some help with identifing a Beaver Marquis 1986. I put a down payment on what I was told was a 1986 Beaver Marquis but it doesn't have the rounded features or the molded windsheild of the ones I see on the web. This one has a flat windsheild and the body features are anglular (wedge front end) like those of the early eighties. Was 1986 a transition year were both styles were produced? Or do I have a 1985 model year that was originally sold and titled in 1986? Any thoughts? Regards John.post-8451-1259858994_thumb.jpgpost-8451-1259858941_thumb.jpg

The last picture is a 1985 and is identcal to what I purchased. The first piture is of a 1986 with the modeled windsheild and rounded freatures.

The one on the left is a newer model, I believe a 1990-1991. The one on the right does appear to be a mid 80's vehicle. Also, the title will show the chassis mfg date, NOT the date the coach was completed by Beaver. So, you can have a chassis that is an 85, and was completed for the 86 model year.

The year shown on the title seems to be different state to state. Our 2012 Winnebago ERA built into a Sprinter 2011 chassis is titled as a 2012.