manholt

Red Bay, AL.

Tiffin is not taking any coaches in for Service in Red Bay, anymore!  They are overwhelmed...you need to see your dealer or anyone who does Warranty work, or any other Allegro work on non warranty!

Carl

So....the first thing that comes to mind....If you Build it right the first time then Fix it right the first time would be a moot point....correct?

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Tiffin is not taking any coaches in for Service in Red Bay, anymore!  They are overwhelmed...you need to see your dealer or anyone who does Warranty work, or any other Allegro work on non warranty!

Carl

Just exactly what do you base this statement on! If this were the case, then the folks on TRVN would be reporting it, and they aren't. The only things that they aren't doing anymore is making appointments and honoring third party warranty's due to the fact that they were having too much trouble getting the warranty companies to pay.

Just left there, had work done on an 02 Bus and was very satisfied. From what I understand the only thing they don't do is take appointments. Most folks arrive on Sunday check in and just wait their turn. I was out of there on Wed. 

I just called the office at Red Bay, spoke to Teresa.  She said there is no change in the service center.  They work on all Tiffin products but just don't do third party extended warranty work.  

Total rumor.

The President of FMCA Swinging Golfers INTO, was turned away from having non-warranty work done on his 2015 Allegro Bus 45'.  He was told that they only do Tiffin Warranty work.  He said that's fine with him, he fully expected to pay cash for a "Tiffin add on"!  It was an option in 15' and he decided he wanted it...he was told to leave.  I spoke to him yesterday and again when I was playing golf...We are currently having a week rally in Tyler, TX.

Carl

7 hours ago, manholt said:

Carl

The original posted states Tiffin is not taking ANY coaches for service.

Warranty service is being done and they changed to only warranty service quite some time ago.  

34 minutes ago, manholt said:

The above, in quote...is what I was told and that is what I wrote!  

But that is incorrect!! You must have misunderstood. They do not do upgrades (which was what you were wanting) any more but leave that to the many businesses in the Red Bay area to take on. They do repair work on the coaches whether it is warranty work or not. Coaches under warranty get a modified head of line (every third coach is a warranty repair.) but that's it.

2 hours ago, Selah said:

The original posted states Tiffin is not taking ANY coaches for service.

Warranty service is being done and they changed to only warranty service quite some time ago.  

Not quite so. They will do "Service" work on any Tiffin coach, no matter the age or warranty status. I regularly see 10, 15 and even 20 year coaches in the service bays when I go there for service. They do NOT do "renovations or modifications" to coaches. There are a number of businessmen in Red Bay, former Tiffin employees, who make a good living doing mods and upgrades and their work is excellent. They take appointments and will accept 3rd party warranties. Tiffin doesn't do appointments because too many owners abused the system by making appointments a year in advance, and then no showing. They stopped doing 3rd party warranty work because they were having to devote 3 fulltime staffers to collecting from the warranty companies.

Carl, maybe you should verify your information, especially something that is so far out in left field, before you post that info. All you would have had to do is say "I heard that........... Any truth to it?"

My goodness. Is this the Tiffin RV Site? I gave up on them some time back when it took 52 posts to settle some fellow blowing a steer tire and saying that it was probably his fault. I think that poor dealer service could be at fault. They are glad to sell them, but don't want to work on them?? Everybody head to Red Bay. 

What type of "service" do they do In Red Bay? Basic oil changes etc besides warranty work? Just asking for a friend that may need that place.

How does someone with a 10' (10 foot, did you mean '10....2010?) AMC 45' (45 foot) RV post information about what Tiffin is or is not doing?

Did you get sent down the road when you brought your AMC into Red Bay for service or are you passing along unsubstantiated rumors?

5 hours ago, manholt said:

The President of FMCA Swinging Golfers INTO, was turned away from having non-warranty work done on his 2015 Allegro Bus 45'.  He was told that they only do Tiffin Warranty work.  He said that's fine with him, he fully expected to pay cash for a "Tiffin add on"!  It was an option in 15' and he decided he wanted it...he was told to leave.  I spoke to him yesterday and again when I was playing golf...We are currently having a week rally in Tyler, TX.

Bill, here is where he got his info from.

Also, as we all know if with any business you get what you get depending on whom you speak to when you call. 

If I spent that much on a 45' bus like his friend and I got turned away I'd be upset. Plus Carl is an ex Tiffin owner, he has plenty of experience in RedBay. 

What surprises me, many visit that place a lot more than they should and yet they are ok with that. If I had one and had to take it there for good quality warranty repairs and other work, I'd ask myself, why do I have to go here, dealer support weak? Why is my new coach broke again? 

Just a thought.

Maybe golfers are like fishermen, Is it this long <_<"                                                                                                                                                                        " or is really this long "        ".:wub: Next time I'm in Red Bay, it is in Franklin County Al., one of my counties I'll ask Bob personally. Carl, be cool.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Bill, here is where he got his info from.

Also, as we all know if with any business you get what you get depending on whom you speak to when you call. 

If I spent that much on a 45' bus like his friend and I got turned away I'd be upset. Plus Carl is an ex Tiffin owner, he has plenty of experience in RedBay. 

What surprises me, many visit that place a lot more than they should and yet they are ok with that. If I had one and had to take it there for good quality warranty repairs and other work, I'd ask myself, why do I have to go here, dealer support weak? Why is my new coach broke again? 

Just a thought.

One post does not match the other.  The OP said that Tiffin is not taking ANY coaches for service any more.  The other quote says they are not taking any non-warranty work.  That's a very big difference.

OK, let me suggest that this thread is unlikely to move in a positive direction.

My suggestion is that anyone interested in having work done at Red Bay contact Tiffin directly.

I am going to lock this thread-- personal comments are not conducive to the friendly atmosphere we have here on the FMCA Forum.

Thanks for understanding.