jbikesv

Flat Towing 2 Wheel Drive 2011 F250

I m a little concerned about adding a drive shaft disconnect on my 2 wheel drive 2011 Diesel F250.

Anyone  have experience with this?

Is it strong enough to still be able to pull a trailer when not being towed?

Am I better off getting a new pickup?

If the company that produces the driveshaft disconnect is a reputable company, I don't believe it will be a problem. Remco no longer produces them, but will reccomend a source, don't know if it became too much of a liability for them or was just too much to handle.

Jb,

Welcome to the Forum. 

Yes the disconnect will stand up to pulling a trailer. I don't know your location but look here for help.

Drive Shaft King

Dallas, Texas 

214-941-7122

Ask David if he might know of a company in your area.

They did a great job on my truck.

Herman 

I used a REMCO driveshaft disconnect on a full size, extended length, Chevy Van for years.  It's an excellent product and the van alone weighed close to 9,000 pounds.  I believe it's as good a driveshaft as the original.

I also believe the above statement that REMCO no longer produces them is inaccurate or at least misleading.  The REMCO disconnects are still in production and can be purchased through a variety of dealers (or direct).  REMCO sold the company but the brand and the product remain in production.

jbikesv.  Welcome to the Forum.

My concern is, what kind of coach do you have?  Is the hitch rated for 10,000 pounds or more?

Carl

I sure do not mean to mislead anyone, but three months ago I tried to get a Remco driveshaft for a GMC Sierra, Remco stated that they no longer made driveshaft couplings, but here is a link to somebody that does. After your statement Bill, I googled Remco driveshaft coupling, and the link to Remco sent me here http://www.remcodsc.com/, don't know if Remco has split or what but I am not in the habit of intentionally misleading people as you have indicated on several occasions.

The link takes you to Superior Couplings, in business since 1978.  They do have the Remco catalog that you can download.  I also, looked at Remco's web page and there is nothing there about a drive shaft disconnect.

I suggest that the OP call or send a mail to Superior or the folks that Herman deals with...I would trust either one!

Carl 

12 hours ago, jbikesv said:

No worries on the coach, It's a Dynamax with 455 CAT rated at 30 K

Welcome to the forum. Yes your coach may be rated for 30K but double check what your receiver on the coach is rated for.

Bill