manholt

Tag Axle and Ride Comfort on Different Motorhome Lengths

Carl, I agree that the chassis is certainly a key part of ride quality.  However, I did not consider that in my earlier comment.  The Prevost, Newell and similar chassis are not something I'd consider...I don't think my Chief Of Staff would approve funding for one of those MHs.:P

Re the tags, some manufacturers have come out with tags that turn.

FIVE.  Steering tags have been around for a long, long time...just like lifting tags.  I'm guessing 20+ years!

14 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  Steering tags have been around for a long, long time...just like lifting tags.  I'm guessing 20+ years!

•  

I guess AC is behind the times...they've used it for the first time, putting it on some '17 models (Eagles and Dreams) as an option.

Our new to us Freightliner 43' tag is our first MH for several decades, and the ride is a dream.  I can only dump the tag (not lift), but seems to work OK, although it is awkward to hold the dump switch and concentrate on everything else.

9 hours ago, bsmeaton said:

Our new to us Freightliner 43' tag is our first MH for several decades, and the ride is a dream.  I can only dump the tag (not lift), but seems to work OK, although it is awkward to hold the dump switch and concentrate on everything else.

Welcome to the forum. Some coaches must have a valve that stays in the dump position. That could create another problem of forgetting to change back. I saw a tag coach going down I-35 South the other day when I was in the toad. His tag looked like it was floating as it would bounce off the ground at every joint or bump, just kind of float up not like violent bump.

Bill