Sign in to follow this  
DJTNANG

Slide Out (HWH) Retract Stuck

HELP, I have a 2004 Winnebago Vectra. Our slideout came in partially and stopped. The HWH system will not turn on. My manual tells me there is a fuse panel for it somewhere. I cannot find the panel to check the fuse?

Any help would be appreciated! On the road and broke!

Don Johnson

Don. Links to manuals and electrical wiring.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals2004.php

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm Body system wiring pick your specific model year and body setup

Winnebago often wires the slide out system to an area under the bed. Some fuse panels in the same area 

Rich.

Update, I had an RV mechanic troubleshoot the issue. On the 2004 Vectra (40KD model) the hydraulic solenoids and control box for the jacks and slideouts and airbags are located in the right front of the coach under the middle step and front end. We had the HWH tech rep on the phone as we worked through all the lights that were on (or not). After much conversation, it looks like e control board for the HWH system went out.

We figured out how to actuate the slide outs and inflate the airbags through workarounds. Made the best of the vacation and will now get it issues fixed at home.

Will provide further info as I get more data...

DJ

UPDATE...well, after sending my control panel and keyboard to HWH for repair, I received the items back and reinstalled them on my coach (2004 Vectra 40KD).  Now my airbags and leveling jacks are back in action.  I still have an issue with my big slide out in the living room.  When I try and put it out it goes about half way and starts to jam.  The far end (to the rear of the coach) stops and the front keeps going, thus, jamming.  I stopped it and tried it several times with the same results.  I crawled under the coach with the slide out in the out position to the point where it sticks.  I cannot see anything.  Any thoughts?  Yes the coach sits level...

Thanks

DJ

P.S. HWH was great!  Thanks Herman!

DJ.

There are 2, 1 1/2 inch long by 3/16 inch bolts on each motor that holds a square shaft onto the shaft of motor (bolt goes thru both shafts) and a self looking nut...mine broke in half so only one shaft was able to bring one corner in.  I had to sit in bay and look up to see it.  Don't warp the shafts or you'll be looking at big $$$ instead of $4 for a 3 pack at any hardware store or Home Depot.  Get good SS, not Chinese!

Carl