partsrod

2000S Splendide Washer/Dryer

I have a 2003 Fleetwood Pace Arrow that we love but the washer/dryer doesn't work correctly. Or is it just me.  I know you have to make small loads and that is just fine.

My problem is the dryer program.  When you set it to dry and start it, it will add water for about 2 seconds. Is this how they should work or is mine "sick".  I had a master board go bad (burnt contact) and replaced it.  It did the same thing before and after.  

Thanks for any advice.  

Rod

No water should ever go to dryer...it could be a very shocking experience! :(  Sounds like your valve is not closing properly.  A relay should open the water valve for wash and close for dry.

Carl 

We had the same model and the same problem. Ours would also fill itself while driving down the road if someone turned on the water pump. The valve in question is discontinued, or in our case it was. Call splendid and talk to their tech department. 

tel:1-800-356-0766

Is this a vented or non-vented model?  The non-vented models use water to condense water out of the clothes and is a very ineffective way to dry clothes.

Why do folks make these kinds of posts?  ^^^^^^^^^^^

How is this supposed to help the OP?

Jim, I have some experience with their tech department, they were top notch in my opinion. Not the usual reading from a screen, the person I spoke to even told me what size sockets to have and how to remove the valve as if he had done it a few times in the event I got lucky and found new old stock somewhere.

Just called tech center and they said that the sound of adding water is to fill the "p" trap in the dry cycle so no smell from the holding tank and will not add water to the cloths.  Also sometimes about 5 min into the dry cycle my control knob will just start turning around and around  and clicking.  They said that when it does that the door lock light will flash and to count the number of flashes and that is a trouble code for them to see what is wrong.  They were VERY helpful.  Will let you guys know how this turns out.   Rod

I ran a load and the dryer ran great for 17 min then the dial started it turning and clicking.  The light for the door lock flashed just once ever 8 sec. Call tech back and they said it is a bad module board. The board is only 1 1/2 years old. I will pull it out and see if it is just a burnt contact like last time. If so I have repaired the last one and will reinstall it.  Time will tell.   Rod

Burnt contact, generally means that your getting to much juice...I would check or ask tech, how many amps should go to mother board?  Did you tell Tech about your fix last time?

Carl

I have had a couple of burnt connections despite not having too much juice.  Tech support was great, told we where to look and what to do.  I have had 2 issues in the last 17 years and I have been able to fix both.  Hope your problem is as easy to fix.

Welcome to the World of RVing.  If you can't fix it you have to have a big checkbook so someone else can!  I have become WAY more handy than I ever wanted to be.  The learning curve is pretty steep but you only have to learn it once making the next time a whole lot easier to deal with.