Sign in to follow this  
medico

Review of AmericaChoiceRV in Ocala, Florida: Buyer Beware

I had a very poor experience with AmericaChoiceRV that I thought all readers of this forum might want to know about.

First some background. My wife and I had a 2006 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt 45 foot coach that we had been trying to sell. After being unsuccessful for quite some time, including a 6 month stint at one consignment lot, we checked with AmericaChoiceRV and they said they would like to sell our coach.

After parking the coach on the AmericaChoiceRV lot for a couple of weeks we noticed a 2012 Class B Airstream Mercedes Interstate Sprinter coach that we liked the look of and offered a trade. We spent a couple of hours at AmericaChoiceRV speaking with the internet manager, and then a salesman he took us to. The salesman interacted with the sales manager on our behalf. Initially we were offered $180,000 for our coach (The wholesale value they looked up was $178,850). We then negotiated a price on the Airstream. The final offer, which we accepted was $180,000 for our trade and $98,500 for the Airstream. The sales manager verbally agreed to this offer as presented.

We signed the offer sheet as accepted and shook hands on the deal. The salesman took the offer sheet to the business office. The Finance Manager contacted 3 banks on our behalf and we were approved for a loan with all 3. We were taken into the finance office to sign paperwork, when suddenly the GM of AmericaChoiceRV put a stop to the deal. He said the coach was a soft sell and he could not get the wholesale value out of it. He then offered an auction price which was $30,000 less than their original offer. Our mistake was not asking the sales manager to sign the offer form as well. We expected them to honor a verbal commitment with a shake of the hands.

Bottom line is we were forced to accept a deal far less than the original offer they gave us. They knew we wanted out and did not honor their original offer for our coach. Now understand, I did not state a price for our coach. They came up with the figures. The sales manager and GM both apologized for the mistake, but would not honor the original offer.

I cannot recommend this dealership at all. They acted like the proverbial dishonest used car salesman! If you do go there be sure you get their signature as well as your signature on the offer sheet. We were both so shocked at our treatment we just left that day. We have never had a dealership pull something this outrageous in all the years we have been buying or selling vehicles or houses. They do not honor their offers. The method they employed was very underhanded. Visit this dealership at your own risk!

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I read it twice, why would you as a seller of a coach, that is worth 2x the amount of the one you want...have to be approved by 3 banks? :( I know some folks are up side down on their original loan, but a $180K on a $180K coach..that I have never heard off !  There is something here that your not telling us! :ph34r: Selling or buying anything, without all the player's signatures on a legal document is basic practice!  :o:wacko:

Medico.  I have read your response to post's on this Forum before...Want to enlighten us?

Carl

Yep, don't get the whole finance thing when they owed you about $80,000.  Also, you said " Bottom line is we were forced to accept a deal far less than the original offer they gave us."  You were not FORCED to do anything.  You make a conscience choice to accept an offer that you considered unacceptable.  Why did you do that?

Samuel Goldwyne "a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's not written on".... 

Classic case of " networking " as practiced by every motor vehicle sales staff in the country. They musta really known just how bad y'all wanted that Airstream. 

Medico,

You were only ripped off if you took their deal. They failed to honor a verbal deal. I would have walked out. I've had that game played on car trades and I have walked out.

They changed the deal. You were under no obligation at that point to accept it.