rpbuttery

Water Pump Issue

Regarding my 2011 Allegro Open Road RED--

Water pump worked fine this morning.  Stopped for lunch, and it wouldn't work--none of the three rocker-type "red" light pump switches will turn on.  The pump motor doesn't run, even if the switches are held in the on position.

Oddly, the pump switch red light on-indicators glow faintly, both on and off city water, but go off for about a minute when a water outlet is opened (faucets or toilet)?

Any thoughts?

rp,

Just had the same problem with my #4008-101-E65 Surflo pump. It just suddenly quit.:( It turned out to be the micro switch. I found that out when I tried to remove the wires to check voltage. As i wiggled the wire the pump started and would stop when I stopped. Found switch at a local electronic shop. It was like $4.85 tax included. Pumps up a storm now and shuts off when the pressure is reached.:)

Now I have another problem with the pump. It seems that the reverse flow check valve in the pump is allowing water to flow back into the tank when hooked up the the camp ground water. I have changed them out before, but found out that it is not changeable on this pump. You either have to replace the pump head or the entire pump.That ain't gonna happen. I found at both Home Depot and Lowe's a 1/2" reverse flow inline check valve for less than $5.00. Picking it up today.

FYI, while in Tyler, Texas this weekend I went to Camping World to see if I could get the check valve. When I told the sweet young lady in parts what I needed she went straight to water heater section and handed me a pressure relief valve. When I explained to her what it was she apologized and got the parts mgr. He understood what I needed and proceeded to tell me that when a customer had my problem they always replace the pump. I asked, in a very nice way, so no test just R& R? He said, sorry but yes.

Herman  

Herman, the first thing when converting a coach, or working on a plumbing issue with any coach, I place a commercial grade check valve after the pump and of course where it enters the main water flow. Never have had one go bad, but many times the "elcheapo" diaphragm that is built into the pump. My trip to St. George Island last May, my pump stopped working on the way home, the motor locked up, full replacement.