wildebill308

Using The Michelin Advantage Program.

Just a reminder about one of the FMCA benefits, the Michelin advantage program.

Remember you can buy regular car and truck tires through the program. I had to replace my toad tires and saved $172.00 on 4 Michelin Defenders.

They just happen to be the highest rated by Consumer Reports in that class. If you are in the Fort Worth area I can give you contact info on a good place to do business with.
Bill  

Buy BF Goodrich instead.  Same company, same tire but you will save hundreds on the purchase.  I was not paying attention and it cost be a bunch when i recently replaced 4 tires.  Luckily I did not do all 8 and I will put Goodrich on when I replace the others.

Bill is correct.  I posted about that in 2014, found out after I got all 8 Michelin...would have saved me 30% !  On $4,400+/- that's a big difference!  I got mine in OR. no sales tax! :wub:

epstep.  I will clarify, since most of us are not Lawyers, BF is owned by Michelin and manufactured by Michelin, they both are essentially the same and can be used for the same application.  You pay a premium for Michelin, because of Brand recognition...like TV commercials, when was the last time you saw a commercial of BF?  Or most any other brand?

No, I don't think their stamped on same line...Michelin is made over a 3 month period, once a year...wonder what they do the other 9 months?  :huh:

Carl 

There are certain sizes that are only made once a year due to demand. Others are made on a continuous basis. Though many MHs have 295-80R 22.5 size it is not one of the more popular sizes. 

Just what I remember what my brother-in-law (30 years at Goodrich) told me. But he has lied to me before.

You will make the most of what you sell the most of. 

Herman

Just be aware that FMCA is considering offering the Continental tire line as an option to Michelin and BF Goodrich choices. It should be decided tomorrow during the executive board meeting in Cincinnati.

It was decided in Springfield.  Originally brought up at the Perry rally and then tabled until Mass.  Taken off table, and passed.  It's set up as between member and dealer, not as member, FMCA, Dealer...some folks felt it would offend Michelin and was not PC.  That's the reason it was tabled in Perry.

Carl

Sorry, forgot.  I stand corrected.  The issue was tabled again by Jack Mayberry, chairman of the Membership/Member Service Committee That meets today and will decide the fate off proposal, unless he decides to table it again...Jack still feels it will offend Michelin.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is really a "brother in law issue!"  The proposal has been seconded 3 times now and Jack has tabled it 3 times! :angry:  It's suppose to be " What is good for the FMCA members as a whole"...not one individual !  Or PC...

Carl

If Michelin has some competition they might give us a better deal. There are several levels of "advantage" programs and we are not at the biggest discount. For example I was quoted for a 275/70R22.5  X2A2 energy $538.99 Same tire quote from Advantage program $499.53  That is a $39.46 savings. Keep in mind I just saved $43.19 on a tire for my CR-V that list for $163.85. I think there is still some room to trim prices on the bigger tires. 

Bill

21 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Just be aware that FMCA is considering offering the Continental tire line as an option to Michelin and BF Goodrich choices. It should be decided tomorrow during the executive board meeting in Cincinnati.

Ok what was the outcome of the vote?

Bill

About time!  Now we have a French and German choice...I'm still rolling on Michelin's!  But there are a lot of members in smaller, lighter, class B and C that can benefit from having 4 choices of tires to run on, also toads! :)

Now, we can move on to bigger and better things...like Amendment # 7.

Carl

Agree, 295s are hard to find.  When we had our blow out last year, we were 50 miles from Chicago and it took GS five hours to find one...for $800.  They said the reason it took so long was because the 295s are primarily for RVs.  If it was a 315, they would have had one much sooner.

FIVE,

Only mistake I did at Superior Tire in OR.  8/14, should have put 305's on tag and drive, instead off 295's, I have 315's in front..:(

Carl

2 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE,

Only mistake I did at Superior Tire in OR.  8/14, should have put 305's on tag and drive, instead off 295's, I have 315's in front..:(

Carl

In a few short years you get to correct that mistake.:P

Bill 

Bill, being stuck living in a paint bay for 4 days, puts a whole lot of thoughts in once head...Like why did I not grab a Hotel room, with shower and TV and restaurant and the River walk, it's only one hour away!  Duh. :blink::wacko: 

The Crockett Hotel is great because of the history, or the Omni La Mansion del Rio where you can sit on your balcony and watch the tourist and the boats on the river. It's not to late.;)

Bill

Thanks for the reminder, forgot that Mary Moody Northern Foundation sold both the Hotel in S.A. and across the street from POTUS! :( Have stayed in both, many times!  Last time I stayed in SA, we flew in (12, private plane) and spent a week at the Omni, second week in December, with all the lights on...WOW.

It's to late, I have to be in Lajitas Wed. 4 hour drive by coach with no traffic from Fort Stockton!  :o

Five,

Your situation brings up a vote for steel rims. Aluminum rims are very nice but had you had steel rims you could have gotten a 315 tire put it on the front and moved the 295 drive tire to the drive axle. Not an ideal situation but one that would get you out of harms way. 

You can't move aluminum rims around in case of an emergency. 

Herman

On 10/17/2016 at 5:16 AM, hermanmullins said:

Five,

Your situation brings up a vote for steel rims. Aluminum rims are very nice but had you had steel rims you could have gotten a 315 tire put it on the front and moved the 295 drive tire to the drive axle. Not an ideal situation but one that would get you out of harms way. 

Herman

Yep.  However, that was on our previous coach.  This one has 315s on the front and six 295s on the rear.  This front axle has 2,400 # more capacity than the previous one.

On 10/17/2016 at 3:16 AM, hermanmullins said:

Five,

Herman

Why not? My CC has aluminum rims even on the inside duals. But I do have a real problem as my tag and front are 10" wide rims for the 365/70 tires, the drive axle has 4-9½" rims.

Just used the Advantage program for 4-315/80's and 4-365/70's and saved over $1,700 from list.