wildebill308

Using The Michelin Advantage Program.

Getting ready to use the Michelin Advantage Program.  Has anybody had experience with dealers in the Ft. Myers, FL area?  Good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks,

Lyle847

21 hours ago, lylewgn said:

Getting ready to use the Michelin Advantage Program.  Has anybody had experience with dealers in the Ft. Myers, FL area?  Good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks,

Lyle847

One way is Members should visit http://www.michelinrvtires.com to locate an authorized Michelin RV tire dealer. I would use the website and call to be sure they are participating in the program and have or can get the tires you want. I counted at least 5 dealers in the area.

Bill

New Member. Purchased tires over a month ago through the Michelin Advantage Program. The price seemed good as quoted but if you use this program be careful.

I did my homework.  Got the price for the tires from FMCA. I was told to contact the local dealer to order (FMCA gave me the name of the dealer) and at that time I also got the  price for mounting, balancing and valve stems.  The total was $1608.75, which is what I expected to be charged. 

The tires came in and they were installed. We were given no paperwork at the dealer. The man I had dealt with was not there but they said the invoice would be e-mailed. The next day I received an invoice from FMCA in the amount of $1783.34, not the $1608.75 I was quoted. We were even charged a  bogus $54 disposal fee - we took the old tires with us.

I called immediately and tried to get it corrected. I have been getting the run around ever since. I was told by Michelin and FMCA (who had issued the invoice) that, even though the figures were incorrect, no credit could be given. I was told to file a grievance with my credit card company, give Michelin another authorization and when the credit card company charged them back, they would then issue a credit and put through a new charge for the correct amount. 

The credit card company, of course, will not do this as I received the tires. After multiple calls (this has been going on for almost 6 weeks now) I have still gotten nowhere. FMCA told me they were working on issuing a credit but after multiple calls, nothing has been done. 

So just be careful. In giving Michelin authorization, you are basically giving them a blank check. They, or the dealer,  can charge any amount they want to your card and you will have no recourse. It may not be the savings you think it is. In my case, I could have purchased the tires down the street from me at a total cost of $1678.20. I thought I was getting a $70 savings through FMCA but it wound up costing me $105. more.

Good luck to anyone else using this program. I hope you have a better experience than I did. 

I am very happy with how my purchase turned out. Michelin charged me via email receipt what they quoted for the tires. The servicing dealer charged me for mount and balance and stems, taxes and disposal (which is different in each state) which I paid separate the day I had the work done.  The tires were $566 each (times 6) so it wasn't cheap--had it done in New York. I could have driven to another state for cheaper or no taxes but I was on my way to Newmar for $4000 in body work caused by flying highway cones--I figured why chance a blow out on the way to save a few hundred. Better safe than sorry.